Author Topic: Kong Off 3 Hotel Arrangements Thread!!!  (Read 17022 times)

corky

Re: Kong Off 3 Hotel Arrangements Thread!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 10:32:51 am »
Yea, I forget the name of the shuttle service, but you pay 1 price at the airport (I think $20 or something, it wasn't bad), and you get a ticket for the shuttle to drop you off, and then pick you up and bring you back to the airport.  For me, I got picked up around 2:30am when the 1up closed, and went straight to the airport for an early flight last year.  So yea I think the shuttle runs at all hours...and they'll pick you up from pretty much anywhere.

Super shuttle. $20 and will take you anywhere within reason.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 10:34:38 am »
Bummer, I just called and checked and can confirm that the discounted rates are sold out for the Crown Plaza.

Dan, I'd be interested in the La Quinta (since it is so close) do you want me to book a double-king-bed room, or have you already done so? I can do this today if you haven't. It'll actually make the trip significantly cheaper for me (and whoever stays with me), so I don't mind the change.

EDIT: I went ahead and booked a room (since there is free cancelation). Booked 2 double beds from Thursday (the 14th) through Sunday (to the morning of the 18th, Monday). Haha, I should have done this last year... it's like 3-4x cheaper.

2nd EDIT: Dan, I just saw that you are arriving on Wednesday as well. Want me to book a room at the same place for just you and me on that night? I may just be able to extend my first booking and we can do the math later so only we pay for that extra day.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:02:25 am by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 11:00:32 am »
Sounds great Mitch. I'll chip in for a share my share. Do I need to get my own room for Wednesday night somewhere? I thought you were coming in Wed as well.

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

lakeman421

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 01:12:33 pm »
Anyone have any room available for this guy?  I had made arrangements with a friend of mine and he just cancelled today.  I also have a friend in Denver I might crash with, but I just need a backup plan.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 01:28:43 pm »
Robbie, there is one spot open in my room with Dan and Corey. We are at the La Quinta Inn .81 miles from the 1up. If you join us, it'd be like $25 a night for each person (super cheap!). What nights are you in Denver? Dan also booked a car for all the days (he is arriving on wednesday, same as me), so if you wanna split that $85 cost with Dan, Corey and I as well, we can pick you up from the airport and save you the shuttle costs. Dan said he's found free parking, so there'll hopefully be no parking costs for that either.

Note: I have offered this spot to Dean as well, but he has not messaged me back yet. If he decides to still join, I've offered to sleep on the floor, as he is a main competitor and will need his sleep more than I will.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 01:33:01 pm »
I havent booked my flight yet, but I can plan around your guy's schedule since flights from AZ to Denver are frequent and cheap.  What are your flight details?

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 01:36:45 pm »
I think Dan said he was landing Wednesday morning (10:30am I think???). I land Wednesday at 6:36pm. Dan will be picking me up.

lakeman421

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 01:41:19 pm »
Ok and when do you guys fly out?  I'm gonna book my flight today.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2013, 01:43:41 pm »
Dan and I both leave Monday afternoon. I think he said 4:30pm, and I'm at 5:40pm.

lakeman421

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2013, 01:55:45 pm »
I can get a flight to leave Monday at 3pm if that works.  It depends if you want me to arrive Wednesday at 1130am or 940pm.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 01:57:38 pm »
I'd say arrive at 11:30am. No one wants to miss out on what happens those nights at the 1up! ;)

lakeman421

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 02:35:49 pm »
Ok ill book it and let you know

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 10:17:10 pm »
Yeah the hotel has free "overnight" parking it said and when I was there last year I parked in a lot a few blocks away that was like $5 a day (Course this was the "weekend" rate so it maybe different during the week?).

Yeah this hotel was like $90-$100 i think and its "newly renovated" and close so shouldn't be too bad. I have a car as well in case we want to zoom someplace else. :D

I get in at 10:52am on Wed and leave at 4:05pm on monday so I'll probably head back around 2pm to the airport since I ain't checking a bag :D

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 10:58:55 pm »
Just reposting and updating this in case anyone missed it and wants to correct some things (i.e. please help me clarify anywhere I have a '?'):

So far these are the people I know will be in my room at the la Quinta Inn .81 miles from the 1up for about $105 per room per night (rooms has two double beds):

-Mitchell Elliott..............(Wed to Mon)
-Dan Desjardins............(Wed to Mon)
-Robbie Lakeman...........(Wed to Mon)
-Corey Chambers..........(Thurs to Mon)

Also, Dan has rented a car for $85 for the 5 days, these are the people splitting the renting/gas/parking costs so far (and will also be able to call and get transported to/from the airport):

-Mitchell Elliott
-Dan Desjardins
-Corey Chambers
-Robbie Lakeman

I should note, I have offered a spot in our room to Dean as a backup plan. If he needs to join us, I'll volunteer to sleep on the floor so that he can get better sleep.

Let me know if anyone wants to also spit the use/costs of Dan's rental car.

Thanks  :)

Update: Robbie helped me clear up the last '?'s.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:55:53 pm by marinomitch13 »

lakeman421

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 11:21:31 pm »
I'll be booking my flight this week as my funds are tied up right now.  I plan on being there Wednesday at 1130am and leaving Monday at 3pm.  I will post the details when I book it.  And I will also be fine splitting rental car costs.