Author Topic: Donkey Kong Jr. High Score List General Discussion  (Read 51999 times)

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Jr. High Score List
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 09:34:19 pm »
Tap Tap Tap
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 09:56:40 pm »
I am sure that Chris is working on it. I was thinking of learning more about Jr. I got my hand in too many DK projects right now but the interest is on the back burner and I found this list to be a great motivator.

ChrisJBenn

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 10:30:41 pm »
Just got back to England after 2 very long flights. I'll be updating the list when I can, but I've got a lot of things on my plate at the moment.

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2013, 03:42:35 am »
Tap Tap Tap

Speaking of which, why isn't Mike Kasper's score added to Twin Galaxies yet? 
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 08:44:06 am »
Tap Tap Tap

I hit RIchie up with the same Tap Tap Tap.. I will be talking with him today and hopefully get er done. Me DigDug score isnt up yet either.
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 09:36:46 am »
Tap Tap Tap

I hit RIchie up with the same Tap Tap Tap.. I will be talking with him today and hopefully get er done. Me DigDug score isnt up yet either.

Hey I know how you feel.  It took forever, and a day to get my DK3 scores up, and that was only after I started bugging people. ;D
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

ChrisJBenn

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2013, 12:29:24 am »
Okay, I'm in the process of getting this list updated. I still need a couple things for Mike's WR score, namely the link to the twitch video (Ken posted it here, but now it just links to Mike's videos page,) the date and what platform it was on. The score's up, I'd just like to get those bits filled in.

corey.chambers

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2013, 01:12:29 am »
Chris, as you can see you are now the moderator of your very own sub-forum. You can see my setup and copy that if you want. What I was thinking about the rules is that instead of creating a new topic for submission rules in your sub-forum, just link my rule thread to your list like I did mine. That way, any time I update mine, it will not have to be changed on yours.

ChrisJBenn

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2013, 01:51:18 am »
Chris, as you can see you are now the moderator of your very own sub-forum. You can see my setup and copy that if you want. What I was thinking about the rules is that instead of creating a new topic for submission rules in your sub-forum, just link my rule thread to your list like I did mine. That way, any time I update mine, it will not have to be changed on yours.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Just to keep things all orderly and consistent.

Edit: updated the sub-forum. Much better. Thanks Corey, and Jeff!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:32:34 am by ChrisJBenn »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Jr. High Score List General Discussion
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2013, 09:39:04 pm »
This high score list is definitely motivating me to try to continue my DKjr play and go for the KS soon. I had stopped a while back after a week or so of playing, and I was at almost 200K. I felt at the time that I could start cranking out some longer games at any moment, since I was just starting to get consistent at all the elements when they are at their hardest/fastest difficulty. Next time I go to the arcade, I'll bring my camera and tripod and go for a decent score. I ultimately want about 1.1m in this game, but I'll be fine with an 800k KS in the near future for now.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 12:06:30 am »
I saw at Mall of America today that someone local to me got a 963k DKjr score on a 3-in-1 cab. I checked the continues on it and it currently zeros out the scores if you decide to keep playing. The initials were MMG (he had a couple other scores in the 700-800k range as well), but I'm not familiar with those initials. I'll keep my eyes open for other scores by this person, and maybe I'll be able to run into them at some point and tell them about DKF.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.

Simpsons99

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 10:57:11 am »
Mitch I am glad to see your interest in DKJR 

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 09:27:03 pm »
I like this one: 13    TG      953500   Antonio Medina   02/06/1980   Arcade

Hmmm, the game not even out yet. :P

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2014, 02:03:13 am »
Nick, I was wondering if we could put together a high score list for some various smaller aspects of the game such as but not limited to:

1-1
Level 1
Going into first Hideout
After 3 levels
Start (after the first 4 levels)

I am sure these will be smaller and may be able to put them together. I don't know, give it some thought and let me know what you come up with.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 11:17:53 am »
Corey, you should just start a "Misc. DKjr. Challenges" thread like the one I have for DK. ;)