Author Topic: 1st million! BOOM BABY  (Read 12932 times)

Fast Eddie

Re: 1st million! BOOM BABY
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 01:41:38 am »
Good stuff Svavar, well played!

8)

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 06:23:03 am »

Congratulations, Svavar!

Another talented youngster catapults himself into the DK million point tax bracket.   8)

Once you complete the control panel setup, I look forward to witnessing your live DK streaming sessions.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 07:30:00 am »
well done mate ;-).

Now let's do at least 1.05m+ so you qualify for Kong Off 3! But since you're from Denmark, do you speak well in english? You obviously write well, so hopefully coming to the Kong Off 3 you won't have any problem with english speaking!

Cya in 5 months and a half ;-).
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 07:42:12 am »
Wow.  BOOM BABY is right.  Congrats!

Offline Svavar

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 07:50:55 am »
Thanks so much everybody. Nice to see all the friendly replies :)

I have no trouble with speaking english. Danish for me is pretty difficult so I usually speak in english around here haha. I want to try to qualify for the Kong Off 3 but i'm still unsure, since Twin Galaxies aren't very clear about it, wether they mean top 12 arcade and MAME combined or only arcade. I am planning on recording a game on MAME since it is very difficult to find an original DK cab around here.
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 11:13:48 am »
I want to try to qualify for the Kong Off 3 but i'm still unsure, since Twin Galaxies aren't very clear about it, wether they mean top 12 arcade and MAME combined or only arcade. I am planning on recording a game on MAME since it is very difficult to find an original DK cab around here.

They will chose the best 12 arcade/mame players. No doubt in my mind. People used to say that MAME players had a big disadvantage on arcade, but when you see what happened at the last Kong Off: Jeff won the tournament even if he had never touched a DK machine in his life, and Dean got 2nd even if he almost never play on an arcade machine.

There is absolutely no reason not to invite someone because his score was done on MAME. Because a lot of people have proved that MAME players are as good, if not better than arcade players, even if they almost never play on arcade.
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 12:07:23 pm »
Congrats Svavar! Care to explain any of the game? When deaths happened, any barrel grouping or was it really just a two hammer grab and smash, from one hammer to the next with no grouping? Thanks.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Svavar

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 12:59:13 pm »
I'd love to elaborate. I had about a 109k start and actually lost my first life at around 160k points due to a stupid mistake while grouping. My thought was that I would do just a tiny bit of grouping in the beginning to make my pace for the rest of the game easier. While attempting to rejump a 2 barrel combo at the typical grouping area I stupidly waited for a barrel to come right down on my head, have no idea what made me do that hahah...

From there on I relaxed on grouping and only took opportunities I felt were really safe. The game started getting interesting when it was clear that I was going pretty far with my two extra men. I lost my second life somewhere around 650k range, I don't remember the exact score. Again, it was on a barrel screen. A fireball got above me while waiting to grab the bottom hammer and after the hammer I had both the fireball and an avalanche of barrels to deal with. I got so nervous and just completely choked. I died trying to jump a barrel in the same direction as it was rolling and accidentally jumping over the ledge of the girder. My third death was a similar screw up on the barrel screen somewhere around 850k, again I don't remember the exact scores of my deaths. I am actually pretty proud that none of my deaths were outside of the barrel stages. I still have things to learn about the barrel screens to make myself more proficient but I definitely think my gameplay is heading in the right direction.

In level 19, seeing that I could play it safely and still reach a million, I decided to run through the boards because I really did not want all that work to be for nothing and I had no lives left. I just wanted to see a million, now I can push further without that haunting me.

Me playing it safely in the end CERTAINLY didn't stop the game from being incredibly nasty in level 21. I had some devine luck there as you can see in the following videos I just uploaded on youtube of the ending of the game. Also check out the description I wrote along with the video if you're interested :)

1,008,800 point kill screen on Donkey Kong - Clip 1

1,008,800 point kill screen on Donkey Kong - Clip 2
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 01:58:35 pm »
Nice, congratulations!

Helen of Troy didn't even have that kind of response.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 07:05:26 am »
Great game and info. I usually play for a 105-110k start and do straight hammer to hammer barrel boards with very little barrel grouping to try and get the mill. Now that you got the million you can all out next time where you kind of laid up this time.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013, 08:23:23 am »
congrats, svavar! good stuff  :)
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

pixelsuicide

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013, 10:19:24 am »
Just want to say that I saw it and confirm the score is legit and that there is no conspiracy going on - we haven't monkeyed with the board ;)
Congrats to Svavar! Was a great day for us all down here.