Related Games > Crazy Kong

Crazy Kong kits and hardware development

(1/5) > >>

Sock Master:
Hi All!

I've been doing a bit of thinking about Crazy Kong lately and I've been wondering...

How many people actually have Crazy Kong PCBs?
And..  How many would be interested in some of these Crazy Kong kits or hardware add-ons?

I'm going to try to add a Crazy Kong PCB to a Nintendo PCB switcher.  Of course, Crazy Kong is not compatible with the Nintendo Classic pinout, so I'm going to have to build a hardware adapter to do it.  Well, since I'm going to try to build one myself,
Would it be worthwhile to build more of them in case other people are interested in it?

It'd be an adapter that plugs into the edge connector on a Falcon Crazy Kong PCB and gives you a Nintendo Classic edge connector on the other end - with inverted video and all, so it could then plug directly into a Nintendo cabinet and/or Nintendo game switcher for use in a Donkey Kong cabinet.

Also..  since I'm looking into doing that.  Why not also look into a kit that would allow a Crazy Kong PCB to also play other versions of Crazy Kong, like Big Kong.
Are there also other variants of Crazy Kong aside from Big Kong that would be interesting to include?  I seem to recall there was another one but I can't remember what it was at the moment.

Anyway, it'd be interesting to hear some feedback.  Is it worth taking the time and effort to develop something here??  Any other ideas for things that I could include as well??

Thanks

Simpsons99:
there are many different Crazy Kong Sets that Run of the different board sets like Scramble .

Sock Master:

--- Quote from: Simpsons99 on June 18, 2023, 12:40:54 pm ---there are many different Crazy Kong Sets that Run of the different board sets like Scramble .

--- End quote ---

I'm mainly talking about a kit or hardware for the Falcon or clones of the Falcon PCB.  It would be near impossible to make kits for all the other bootlegs of bootlegs of bootlegs - Scramble, Galaxian, etc.. versions of the game that get progressively more and more janky anyway.

f_symbols:
I have a PCB from D Dock that I never used.  Brazil Kong was big back in the day IIRC.  Would be interested in the things.

<Tim>

VeryApe121:
I have Falcon boards for both Pt. 1 and Pt. 2.....and let me say the adapters I have make it a pain in the ass....I think I got them from Mike's.  Without looking, I'm pretty sure I ended up with 3 or 4 things attached the board, including the mr video.

I'd totally get one if you had an all encompassing solution!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version