Author Topic: Donkey Kong Deranged What is different with springs?  (Read 2764 times)

Offline Simpsons99

• Brian *The Big Bird Hater * Allen
    • Simpsons99 Gaming
    • Awards
Donkey Kong Deranged What is different with springs?
« on: May 22, 2023, 07:19:06 pm »
Was playing Donkey Kong Deranged today in the Big Cage..  There seems to be quite the difference on the Springs from Level 3 on. There any tips and pointers on this. I got to 261k today just messing around.
Donkey Kong 880,500 Kill Screen
Donkey Kong Junior 1,073,800 Kill screen
Donkey Kong 3  1,596,000
Crazy Kong 566,600  Kill screen.

http://www.twitch.tv/simpsons99
You Tube: Simpsons99 Gaming
Discord: Simpsons99 Gaming
Member for 9 Years DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Deranged What is different with springs?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 08:13:05 am »
The main difference with the springs is they have a wider variation between spring types.  Instead of there being 16 different spring types, there are now 23.

In regular Donkey Kong the spring types are numbered 0 to 15.
The equivalent numbering system springs in Deranged would be numbered -3 to 19.

The safe spots are still there, but because of the wider swing in spring types the size of the safe spots is now 6 pixels wide instead of 13 pixels wide.

On the other hand, because there is a wider range between the longest and shortest spring types, depending on the combination of springs, there is occasionally more time to climb the ladder from a safe spot.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek Twitch Streamer

Offline Simpsons99

• Brian *The Big Bird Hater * Allen
    • Simpsons99 Gaming
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Deranged What is different with springs?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 12:37:47 pm »
Yeah i died 2 times yesterday standing in the safe spot.. I had to step back one.  Seemed like springs where coming extra fast on later levels and very hard to get to save spots because of all different spring sizes.
Donkey Kong 880,500 Kill Screen
Donkey Kong Junior 1,073,800 Kill screen
Donkey Kong 3  1,596,000
Crazy Kong 566,600  Kill screen.

http://www.twitch.tv/simpsons99
You Tube: Simpsons99 Gaming
Discord: Simpsons99 Gaming
Member for 9 Years DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer