Author Topic: A tribute to Shawn Cram the Donkey Kong 3 record holder for the past 15 years  (Read 6112 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
I want to recognize Shawn Cram a person who according to Google has had the record for the past 15 years.   In this day in age when records come and go Shawn's 2,544,400 has stood the test of time.  So it deserves it own thread.   It's an amazing accomplishment.   This record has been approved by Google.  The world's foremost authority on every thing!!!!
Great job Shawn!

https://www.google.com/search?q=donkey+kong+3+world+record&source=hp&ei=BpllYIzpMOSU0PEPs4G0wAc&iflsig=AINFCbYAAAAAYGWnFhs5yOlYbxbdvnCZuZzLJKbUsX-D&oq=donkey+kong+3+world+record&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyAggAMgYIABAWEB46CAguEMcBEKMCOgIILjoLCC4QxwEQowIQkwI6CAguEMcBEK8BOgUILhCTAjoFCAAQyQM6BQgAEJIDOgQIABAKOgQILhAKOgQIABANOggIABAIEA0QHlDcHVi9ZGDcZ2gGcAB4AIABnwGIAawWkgEEMjcuNZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiMhICS5NzvAhVkCjQIHbMADXgQ4dUDCAk&uact=5
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Rev John

• Awards
George pls
DK PB: 219,500 (MAME 7/10/19)
CK (RU): 140,200 (27/3/2018)
First person to score 500,000+ points on Atari 2600 Berzerk
Member for 6 Years

lakeman421

Congrats Shawn!!!

Offline creech

• Awards
Member for 4 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
And a statement for those not in the know reading this.

1. It's an April Fools joke
2. I'm actually happy Shawn Cram is getting attention for his record, even though he doesn't hold it anymore.
3. I wish Google would do the same with Tim Sczerby, and label him the record holder in Donkey Kong.  8)

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline creech

• Awards
Nah, you aren't happy about that, or you wouldn't have posted it. Has nothing to do with April Fools. What WR holder would be happy about that?

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Nah, you aren't happy about that, or you wouldn't have posted it. Has nothing to do with April Fools. What WR holder would be happy about that?

A record holder who realizes they have received WAY more attention than they deserve simply because Donkey Kong is in the title.  I've done April Fools jokes before..   Perhaps subconsciously I have ulterior motives, but I can tell you consciously I thought this was a good April Fools joke.

By the way, great job on getting 7th in the Crap tournament.   You are a pretty good gamer.  8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline creech

• Awards
It wasn't a knock on you George as you always think. Thanks mate, you aren't bad yourself.