Author Topic: It's your responsibility verify your own game.  (Read 6455 times)

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
It's your responsibility verify your own game.
« on: June 21, 2020, 12:42:33 am »
So can someone please tell me. How has it been that everyone but Billy was raked through the coals to submit there scores. You see how Hank had to verify his cabinet. He had to show everything or his score was not going to count. So 100% Hank knew what was in his cabinet. I know Everytime I go to the arcade.  I have them open the game and I check everything before I play a game. Why would I do that? Well geee wiz there My scores. I'm responsible for knowing it's 100% legit. So how can Billy claim to be so ignorant. Oh yeah it appears trifoce is also because he just plays he's not responsible for knowing either. So try again come on.
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder DKJR Remix Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline colecomeister

• Awards
Re: It's your responsibility verify your own game.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 08:53:05 am »
These very points were raised by some TG members at the time of Mitchell's submissions, especially in 2010 when some members argued that direct feed captures were actually not permitted under updated rules, but the fall back was that the score was verified live by Todd. Basically a ref trumped all need to document the game with video including cabinet set up, whereas video submissions (as you point out) had to document the complete game plus cabinet verification, generally in one continuous recording. It was definitely unsatisfying for the gaming community in 2010 to have pretty big records claimed and extolled without sharing widely the complete performance and associated verification itself. To your broader point about gamer responsibility for the overall performance, I don't think you'll get any argument there. I found statements like "I just show up to play the game, the other stuff is someone else's responsibility" strange.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:13:22 am by colecomeister »
Member for 6 Years

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 09:48:20 am »
Yep I'm not concerned with the referee scores. Just the tape ones. Those are all that's needed to prove the point. So I'll just say he broke the rules then. The point is proven. None of the other scores matter at this point.
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder DKJR Remix Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline colecomeister

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 10:18:08 am »
It's a little more murky since formally there's only been one video tape submission - the 1,047,200 score featured in King of Kong, the same one that Mitchell argued recently in his Evidence Package was not a formal submission since he never submits video taped scores, but then this same score was lauded by Mitchell/Guinness as the "first [verified] million point DK game" record with the Guinness/Mitchell highlight video on Thursday. Yes, it's confusing.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:19:52 am by colecomeister »
Member for 6 Years