Author Topic: Yolympics 2020  (Read 35796 times)

Online Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Yolympics 2020
« on: December 20, 2019, 10:47:30 pm »

Yolympics has returned! The tournament will run from January 31st through March 8. This will be a 4-team tournament where the top 8 scores from each team will be used to score points for that team. Please use the Yolympics Discord server for discussions and questions. Read on for the dates, rules and more info.

Quick Links
Yolympics Discord
Tournament Site
Game nomination form
Current game nominations
Yolympics 2020 Voting form
Current voting tally
Games list and settings
WolfMAME 0.183 and ROM pack
Official Team List
Command-line tutorial

Team Captains
Wolf - Kawaii Melon Farmers
ILLSeaBass - In-Your-Face Disgrace
Luigimaker - Luigi Fan Club
Nick666101 - Highscore Hunters

Dates
Tournament Start: January 31st, 6:00 PM PST.
Tournament End: March 8, 11:59 PM PDT. This is a hard cutoff. All submissions must be received by this time.

Games
4 games each from the following range of dates for a total of 20 games:
1982 and earlier
1983-1987
1988-1992
1993-1997
1998 and later

Game Nominations and Voting
Please check the Current game nominations before submitting
Players will nominate 1 game per time period, using this Google Form. Players will then vote on the nominations to decide the final game list. The tournament organizer reserves the right to veto shitty games. Don't pick shitty games.

Banned Games
Everything from Yolympics 2019 and Summer Yolo 2019

Player Registration
Players must register at https://www.cagtournaments.com. The registration period is from now until the player draft (yet to be determined time)

Rules
-Autofire is not allowed.
-Pausing is not allowed.
-Mapping multiple keys to a single input is not allowed.
-All MAME submissions must maintain an average recorded speed over 95%.
-All submissions must include an INP or link to a stream or video. Acceptable platforms are WolfMAME 0.183 or an original arcade cab. Video-only WolfMAME submissions will be required to show the startup of the WolfMAME program and the game settings. Please submit only one attempt per INP.

Scoring
The top 8 scores from each team will score points for that team.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 02:10:32 am by Barra »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline creech

• Awards
Re: Yolympics 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 05:04:09 am »
banned games shmups and I'm in  ::)
Member for 4 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 02:56:16 pm »
Again, I am having trouble getting onto the site.  The password reset is garbage.  I can't get on using that.  <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad>

Maybe I'll just create a new account.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 03:07:35 pm »
OK, I was able to create another account.  Ticks me off that I couldn't reset my password.  Major screw up in the system.

<mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad>

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 04:00:10 pm »
OK, I was able to create another account.  Ticks me off that I couldn't reset my password.  Major screw up in the system.

<mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad> <mad>

How come everyone else can use it. Maybe instead of trashing the site you should switch browsers to something after 1985 or build your own site.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 04:13:26 pm »
George. You successfully reset your password 3 times and then couldn't manage to type it on correctly on login:

Starting at:

12/21/2019 @ 10:26pm (UTC)

You then attempted to create a new account and failed and then finally created a new account.  You then failed to properly confirm the email address associated with the new account  twice before finally getting it right.

You currently have 3 accounts on the site with 3 different email accounts.

If you want me to fix things up so you have only one account let me know which one you want. and remember your login credentials.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 04:20:21 pm »
George. You successfully reset your password 3 times and then couldn't manage to type it on correctly on login:

Starting at:

12/21/2019 @ 10:26pm (UTC)

You then attempted to create a new account and failed and then finally created a new account.  You then failed to properly confirm the email address associated with the new account  twice before finally getting it right.

You currently have 3 accounts on the site with 3 different email accounts.

If you want me to fix things up so you have only one account let me know which one you want. and remember your login credentials.

That's the thing.  There's a glitch.  It says I successfully added an account.  Then it rejects the password I used.  Finally Homerwannabee2 worked.   I guess please get rid of everything except homerwannabee2 and my oldest account. Thanks for the response. :)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 04:32:30 pm »
George the only account you've submitted scores on is 'homerwannabee' using the yahoo email without the 1. I've set that account you can login with the same passwords as homerwannabee2.

Log out of whatever account you're logged in as login as homerwannabee. If you can successfully do that I can change your Yolo registration to that account.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 04:50:23 pm »
I literally reset my pw today at like 11am est since i got a new pc since last tourney.  It was mad easy and worked fine.  Are u using netscape or something?
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 05:05:02 pm »
I moved since last time. That could be it. Thanks for doing that John. :)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2019, 05:06:51 pm »
Glad we could get it straightened out. If you have troubles logging in again and can't get the password reset to work just let me know and I can help.

-j

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2019, 05:19:23 pm »
OK, that worked!   8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Online Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2019, 05:31:44 pm »
Just a few notes about nominations:

• Please check games that are already nominated before entering your nominations - Current Game Nominations - Double ups will need to be reentered
  • If you nominate but don't register for the tournament, your nominations will be deleted. This will happen closer to the end of the nominating period
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Pearl

• Canadian STG
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2019, 07:24:47 pm »
shmup time (but not too many please)
dot dodging
Member for 5 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Zerst

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2019, 08:11:58 pm »
-Autofire is not allowed.
-All submissions must include an INP or link to a stream or video. Acceptable platforms are WolfMAME 0.183 or an original arcade cab. Video-only WolfMAME submissions will be required to show the startup of the WolfMAME program and the game settings. Please submit only one attempt per INP.
Copied old rules?
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer