Author Topic: Country based High Score List  (Read 17930 times)

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
Re: Country based High Score List
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2019, 04:42:31 am »
Hi, yes, I think this has been done, but assumed you meant to stat scores

Correct.  A high score list for each country is still the idea.  I was just thinking to speed up the process of collecting location data, some usernames/names are dotted on Google Maps that another member made a while ago.  I'll try find the thread..
Member for 4 Years DK Killscreener

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2019, 04:43:57 am »
Hi, yes, I think this has been done, but assumed you meant to stat scores

Correct.  A high score list for each country is still the idea.  I was just thinking to speed up the process of collecting location data, some usernames/names are dotted on Google Maps that another member made a while ago.  I'll try find the thread..

https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=251.0

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1Oa-nNxXWyzU5kUC2GsJ-bTJKlJs&msa=0&ll=65.21439535566216%2C4.921875&spn=98.492639%2C312.890625&z=9

Offline creech

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2019, 04:55:11 am »
I think the most important thing here is the scores, so this proposition will probably go to the way side. I think after awhile everyone knows where everyone is.
Member for 4 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline fippi

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2019, 12:16:11 am »
I know us Aussies would have a field day with an AU-based score list. There's already a lot of friendly competition between us, so that would only bolster it!
Member for 4 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Charlie Milne

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2019, 04:06:35 am »
I'm with fippi and as an Aussie I have been been playing the who's who in the high score list trying to understand where I would stand in an Aussie high score list.
I have been thinking of suggesting something simpler though which is adding a country flag icon after the players name in the high score list. A point of interest in the diversity of the community from around the globe.
Perhaps this concept could be expanded to include a filter to order by country as well as by score, this way there is no maintenance of multiple high score lists, but provides a view by country grouping.
Just a thought
The code screws everyone equally
Member for 4 Years

Offline DonkeyShlong

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2019, 04:32:36 am »
I'm with fippi and as an Aussie I have been been playing the who's who in the high score list trying to understand where I would stand in an Aussie high score list.
I have been thinking of suggesting something simpler though which is adding a country flag icon after the players name in the high score list. A point of interest in the diversity of the community from around the globe.
Perhaps this concept could be expanded to include a filter to order by country as well as by score, this way there is no maintenance of multiple high score lists, but provides a view by country grouping.
Just a thought

That sounds like a good iea! It could be an option in your own bio that you can manually add, and the database could just pull from that field. Saves the admins a load of headache

Offline fippi

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2019, 03:36:21 pm »
Just a thought

That sounds like a good iea! It could be an option in your own bio that you can manually add, and the database could just pull from that field. Saves the admins a load of headache

SMF (the forum software) has an extension that allows this. Should be very straight forward to pull this from the database and into the high score list also (depending on how the high score list is being build currently). Happy to help with any dev work if needed
Member for 4 Years Twitch Streamer