Author Topic: Australian Kong Off 3  (Read 32250 times)

Offline HectorTelloc

• Awards
Re: Australian Kong Off 3
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2019, 12:38:19 pm »
you guys exposed him and distanced yourself from him

ROFL

Laugh all you want but this community continues to go into a downward spiral, yet has failed to remove the tumor it claims has held it back.
The Kong Off event is all this place has left, so unless someone else steps up, this community continues to rely on Billy Mitchell for attention
which is sad because you all agree he is a cancer, complain about him, took action but can't seem to move on.

I would love to see this community succeed and do things to unite the entire community, if the goal is to do it without Billy then do it!
But from what I been hearing nothing has happened...I just been watching as you guys pray the Kong Off dies which is just sad.
Member for 8 Years Blogger

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 01:05:55 pm »
you guys did destroy Billy's reputation

FailFish

Let's not get side tracked with semantics. All I see is a bunch of bitter pills shitting all over an event so many people worked hard to put together, but not doing anything about it like doing something positive. I swear to God, you guys enjoy cannibalizing yourselves. Billy put you all on the map, you guys exposed him and distanced yourself from him, if the Kong Off is not good enough for you guys start your own event, otherwise shut up about it. :)

I didn't even know who the hell Billy was when I got into classic arcade gaming so your point is invalid billy fanboy lol. once I got some playing around $$$ and have a house I reckon I will host my own live events as I see fit
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline HectorTelloc

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 01:27:37 pm »
you guys did destroy Billy's reputation

FailFish

Let's not get side tracked with semantics. All I see is a bunch of bitter pills shitting all over an event so many people worked hard to put together, but not doing anything about it like doing something positive. I swear to God, you guys enjoy cannibalizing yourselves. Billy put you all on the map, you guys exposed him and distanced yourself from him, if the Kong Off is not good enough for you guys start your own event, otherwise shut up about it. :)

I didn't even know who the hell Billy was when I got into classic arcade gaming so your point is invalid billy fanboy lol. once I got some playing around $$$ and have a house I reckon I will host my own live events as I see fit

Oh I'm not a Billy fan boy. I had my own reasons for defending him in the past but I am beyond that now. My only issue with what's going on here is so many of my friends and others are distancing themselves from the community. I know Richie is working hard to try to unite everyone, unfortunately as far as you are all concerned, as long as Billy is attached to these events, things will continue to drop further with the community. Richie and Billy are two sides of the same coin, meaning they're good friends and brothers, both have done alot for the other, so it's illogical to ever see the divide the community would like to see. Same goes for Walter and Billy.

I think a few people have boycotted the Kong Off's, then there are people like Wes, who was banned, and others who like to stick it to the event who are great players. But wouldn't it be great to be able to get all these folks playing again in one place like it was before. That would be nice. And no more discussion about Billy, let him do his thing else where, while those who are the top players take the spot light. That was a few people's motivators for the entire Billy dispute, so many players complained how they worked hard only to remain a shadow behind Billy who was tied to an event where the star was the top player.

I got no issue with Billy, so I'm trying to tread water safely here, however I can see alot of people's point in this community and I get it. So if you are trying to start your own Kong event that would be great! I hope you succeed and hope it reinvigorates the community again.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:30:52 pm by HectorTelloc »

Offline the_ocho

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2019, 01:41:51 pm »
Australia has a long history of Cons being shipped off to the island.  A con winning it seems fitting. 
Member for 5 Years

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2019, 03:19:30 pm »
How the hell do you get away with rearranging the bracket after head to head matches have been played? I have never seen anything like that in my life. I don't know who's  decision that was ultimately but that is shameful

Congrats to Barra and Allen. I know they didn't have the games they were hoping for but they still did an awesome job for the weekend.

If I recall correctly the this happened at the first Kong Off in Pittsburgh (KO4?).  It's more than likely due to someone not knowing how a bracket actually works after round 1.  The NCAA basketball tourney would be a great example for them to use going forward.  16 teams (in this case people).  The bracket they showed after the 1st round was incorrect as well as the corrected bracket later on.  My goodness at times they were showing two players in the stream that weren't actually playing head to head.  The player names were incorrect a few times.  Where there a lot of things that need to be corrected? Yes.  The bottom line is that the Aussie Kong Off is good for anyone who plays DK.  It's exposure.  I can't wait for the next Kong Klash in a couple of months.  I love all these events.   

I try and stir clear form the drama which at times is hard to do.  I don't think anyone conspired for a Billy Mitchell victory.  He beat Barra, Billy Jr (not a popular thing at home I bet) and Shane in order.  He used bottom hammer vs running boards which was very risky play.  He won the event.  It's okay if you don't like him or the outcome but he won this fair and square.   
"If at first you don't succeed then maybe you just suck." - Kenny Powers
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline 1971printer

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2019, 04:25:26 pm »
Why is Wes banned from attending Kong Off?
Member for 5 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2019, 04:26:45 pm »
It's more than likely due to someone not knowing how a bracket actually works after round 1.  The NCAA basketball tourney would be a great example for them to use going forward.  16 teams (in this case people).  The bracket they showed after the 1st round was incorrect as well as the corrected bracket later on.  My goodness at times they were showing two players in the stream that weren't actually playing head to head.  The player names were incorrect a few times. 

Looking back at the bracket in the video, I will concede they did the right thing.

Nobody was negatively affected before the semifinals by the way the draw was listed. In the first round (the round of 16), nobody in the top half of the seeding played each other. In the quarterfinals, none of the top 4 seeds played each other. It would have been wrong to make #2 seed Billy play the #1 seed in the semifinals just because the chart was wrong. They did the right thing in fixing it.

Member for 10 Years

Offline HectorTelloc

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2019, 04:32:24 pm »
Why is Wes banned from attending Kong Off?

Wasn't he banned for streaming a world record attempt during a Kong Off, in order to pull attention away from it, which in turn upset Richie?
I might be wrong, but also I'm pretty sure Wes already had his mind set on boycotting anyways because of money issues from a prior event.

In anycase there are people who claimed to be boycotting the events due to Billy. So there is that.

<Tim> <Tim> <Tim> <Tim>

bh

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2019, 05:08:27 pm »
Wasn't he banned for streaming a world record attempt during a Kong Off, in order to pull attention away from it, which in turn upset Richie?

Has serphintizer been notified of his ban?

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Elite Member
    • My YouTube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2019, 05:16:51 pm »
Robbie streamed during this Kong Off, thus doing the very thing he got all pissy over Wes doing during KO6. Does that mean Robbie is now also banned from future KOs?
PBs:
Donkey Kong - 1,032,100 (22-1)
Donkey Kong Junior - 79,400 (4-2)
Donkey Kong 3 - 344,200 (Stage 22)
Crazy Kong Part II - 645,400 (22-4)

I occasionally stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Member for 6 Years DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

bh

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2019, 05:38:11 pm »

Offline HectorTelloc

• Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2019, 05:48:08 pm »

Has serphintizer been notified of his ban?

I don't know if they banned him. I haven't heard anything, nor do I think they would as it would further cripple things. Wes had some bad blood.

lakeman421

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2019, 08:59:41 pm »
Robbie streamed during this Kong Off, thus doing the very thing he got all pissy over Wes doing during KO6. Does that mean Robbie is now also banned from future KOs?

I was streaming from GameOn Expo where I was a featured guest, because I actually get invited places. Don’t be stupid.

Offline 1971printer

• Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2019, 03:05:25 am »
My thoughts are Donkey Kong isn't about Billy Mitchell.

Steve Wiebe was the first million point player, it would be good to see all of the good players at a Kong Off, Billy Mitchell is a coat-tail rider, besides Pac-Man what else was he good at?

He'd get his arse handed to him if all of the good players bothered to turn up.

I have been on the fence with all of this Billy Mitchell cheating/Mame drama from the past but this last weekend did it for me, he's self-centered, out for himself, his mannerisms don't reflect what comes out of his mouth, he's full of shit.

Gamer of last century.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 09:43:03 pm by 1971printer »
Member for 5 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Muerto

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2019, 03:29:35 am »
My thoughts are Donkey Kong isn't about Billy Mitchell.

Steve Weibe was the first million point player, it would be good to see all of the good players at a Kong Off, Billy Mitchell is a coat-tail rider, besides Pac-Man what else was he good at?

That's really the issue here, the good players that have read all the evidence don't want to attend, apart from Rob, who know something we other don't know... yet.... if ever???

It's been 8 weeks, when team BM wrote "in 3 week's there will be evidence put forth"

How damning it might be for others in freeing Billy from all accusations, I don't know, but something irritates me, that the reason it ain't puth forth yet, is simply because it won't help him,it will only make the damage worse - so he wouldn't be invited to events like the AUS KO3, and to other events - This is of course pure speculation, but it fits...

BM has become a good DK player, but in 07/08 someone was better, and he cheated to steal the limelight.
Member for 9 Years Twitch Streamer