Author Topic: Australian Kong Off 3  (Read 32254 times)

Offline JimmyNails

• Awards
Australian Kong Off 3
« on: April 06, 2019, 08:57:51 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen!!

It is time to announce the Australian Kong Off 3!!!!

And there could not be a better time as the competitive Donkey Kong scene is well and truly alive right now.

Kong Off 7 was ran in Banning, California over March 15th to 17th with new winner Jeff Wolfe taking the crown.

On the very same weekend, John McCurdy set a new world record with a score of 1,249,500 jumping over Robbie Lakemans score by just 1,800 points.

And finally we have a new Australian record holder in Matt Tecchio. After attending his first Kong Off at Netherworld last year and finishing 3rd, Matt achieved his first kill screen several months later then threw up 930,700 recently to take the Australian crown from Shane Sawle and Allen Staal. Matt is tracking for a million plus score any day and is going to make the Kong Off 3 competition tougher then ever.

Australian Kong Off 3 is one of the biggest arcade events in the country so expect to see fun times, high scores, kill screens and arcade royalty.

Tickets are $45 and include two Ekka gate passes, unlimited qualifying attempts (fair pay rule abides) and a limited edition pin by Luke Sheild. Luke has also done a killer job on the poster artwork so expect to see more from him including marquees, t-shirts and custom side art.

The Australian Kong Off 3 will also be hosted by none other then Kong Off founder and arcade legend, Richie Knucklez. Richie will be bringing along his daughter Faith also who is one of the best female Dk players on the planet.

All the action will be live on Twitch hosted by local arcade legend Phil Day.

Presented by Hutchinson Builders, Richie Knucklez and Netherworld

Tickets on sale from Tuesday the 16th of April at midday. Lot's of information at bnepac.org

Tickets at  - www.eventbrite.com/e/australian-kong-off-3-tickets-54968782107

Or if you are going to attend both KO3 and the AAC see this link - www.eventbrite.com/e/kong-off-3-aac-combo-tickets-59632283766

Already counting the sleeps mates!!
Member for 6 Years

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
Re: Australian Kong Off 3
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 07:00:12 am »
 <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> <Allen> wow  <Billy> <Billy> <Billy> <Billy> <Billy> <Walter> <Walter> <Walter> <Walter> <Walter>
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Rev John

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 06:37:25 am »
I reckon this thread deserves a bump about now.  One month to go and I'm excited!  Can't wait to go and log a dodgy score, then go check out the huge pigs and pumpkins at the Show.
DK PB: 219,500 (MAME 7/10/19)
CK (RU): 140,200 (27/3/2018)
First person to score 500,000+ points on Atari 2600 Berzerk
Member for 6 Years

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 05:51:32 am »
No mention of Billy or Walter wht da        <Billy> <Billy> <Billy> <Walter> <Walter>  <Allen>
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 06:47:19 am »
Allen pls.
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener Winner of a community event DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline John73

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 04:25:04 am »
Unfortunately for several reasons, this will probably go down as the low lights of Aussie Kong Off's.

Disappointing aspects for me personally:

1. Some players *cough* Billy *cough* ignored the rules and sat on a machine after a start without letting others get on to try to qualify.  This isn't a USA Kong Off, you don't get a dedicated machine - you get a L5 start and bomb out, you get off the machine and let someone else play.  Ref's either didn't know,  or didn't enforce the rules, or were probably too keen to suck Billy to tell him that he wasn't above the rules of the competition

2. Was streamed on Billy's channel and left for others to host it - wtf was that all about?  Guessing it was a "demand" of Billy's - he needed more than a free trip to Australia - he needed a twitch stream which had banned so many people who called him out rightfully as a liar and a cheat.

3. Billy complaining about "hostility" in the crowd - there wasn't any - he is a cheat, we know he is a cheat, but no one was hostile towards him.

4. Billy crying in the final match about having to play on a machine he hadn't played on all weekend - thankfully they didn't move around machines just to suit this twat.

If Kong Off's are to move forward, they need to get rid of this muppet once and for all - he is a cheat, couldn't give 2 shits what he did for the community - the end does not, and will never justify the means.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 04:41:37 am by John73 »
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 06:14:42 am »
Couldn't agree more!!!
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener Winner of a community event DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 06:28:41 am »
Unfortunately for several reasons, this will probably go down as the low lights of Aussie Kong Off's.

Disappointing aspects for me personally:

1. Some players *cough* Billy *cough* ignored the rules and sat on a machine after a start without letting others get on to try to qualify.  This isn't a USA Kong Off, you don't get a dedicated machine - you get a L5 start and bomb out, you get off the machine and let someone else play.  Ref's either didn't know,  or didn't enforce the rules, or were probably too keen to suck Billy to tell him that he wasn't above the rules of the competition

2. Was streamed on Billy's channel and left for others to host it - wtf was that all about?  Guessing it was a "demand" of Billy's - he needed more than a free trip to Australia - he needed a twitch stream which had banned so many people who called him out rightfully as a liar and a cheat.

3. Billy complaining about "hostility" in the crowd - there wasn't any - he is a cheat, we know he is a cheat, but no one was hostile towards him.

4. Billy crying in the final match about having to play on a machine he hadn't played on all weekend - thankfully they didn't move around machines just to suit this twat.

5. Going by the bracket as it was shown in the Twitch channel, they used a non-standard seeding arrangement until they realized it was going to negatively affect Billy. Then, and only then, did they rearrange it.

Member for 10 Years

Offline NWnike

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 10:37:40 am »
How the hell do you get away with rearranging the bracket after head to head matches have been played? I have never seen anything like that in my life. I don't know who's  decision that was ultimately but that is shameful

Congrats to Barra and Allen. I know they didn't have the games they were hoping for but they still did an awesome job for the weekend.
Member for 5 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline HectorTelloc

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 11:21:06 am »
I don't get what you guys are bitching about. Richie and so many others work hard to put this event together. Walter and Billy were brought out because they have name recognition, they know how to present themselves, and despite the whole controversy they were major stars in an indie film which still makes them marketable. Their names are linked to Donkey Kong, and if it weren't for them, Donkey Kong wouldn't have been as competitive as it has been for all these years.

I get why you guys wanted to destroy Billy's reputation and credibility, but what I don't get is why you guys bitch about it when I don't see any of you guys doing the hard work to put together your own events. You guys won for fucks sake! What more do you want? For the Kong Off's to stop? You guys know damn well Richie is good buddies with Walter and Billy, so of course he is going to include them, of course he is going to tap into Billy to help draw attention to it. If that bothers you, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! It seems like you guys just want this entire community to just die off. But if removing Billy is your goal I can't see why you guys can't create your own events. Promote them, and slap some sort of celebrity into the mix. What's the point of this forum if you guys can't even unite to do something positive, it seems you can only unite when it comes to destroying people, and before you get into the semantics of that, you guys did destroy Billy's reputation - whether that is good or bad is up to interpretation. Outside of that, if you aren't going to do anything about it, then shut up about it.
Member for 8 Years Blogger

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 11:31:07 am »
you guys did destroy Billy's reputation

FailFish
Member for 10 Years

Offline HectorTelloc

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 12:19:20 pm »

FailFish

Let's not get side tracked with semantics. All I see is a bunch of bitter pills shitting all over an event so many people worked hard to put together, but not doing anything about it like doing something positive. I swear to God, you guys enjoy cannibalizing yourselves. Billy put you all on the map, you guys exposed him and distanced yourself from him, if the Kong Off is not good enough for you guys start your own event, otherwise shut up about it. :)

Online dollopuss

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2019, 12:21:41 pm »

FailFish

Let's not get side tracked with semantics. All I see is a bunch of bitter pills shitting all over an event so many people worked hard to put together, but not doing anything about it like doing something positive about it. I swear God, you guys enjoy cannibalizing yourselves. Billy put you all on the map, you guys exposed him and distanced yourself from him, if the Kong Off is not good enough for you guys start your own event, otherwise shut up about it. :)

Well, I did start playing DK after hearing how BM cheated, so I guess I should thank him for bringing a great game to my attention that way.
Member for 5 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 12:28:04 pm »
you guys exposed him and distanced yourself from him

ROFL
Member for 10 Years

Offline HectorTelloc

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 12:31:26 pm »
On a side note I am interested in hearing about the controversy that happened. Being that this is Richie's event and that he is friends with them he can run the event as he see's fit, if they relaxed the rules for Billy, then I agree that isn't fair, but Richie puts alot of sweat and blood into these events maybe he had a reason for doing so?