Author Topic: RIP Kayla Rose  (Read 5689 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
RIP Kayla Rose
« on: July 13, 2018, 12:55:12 pm »
The Donkey Kong community lost an amazing member in Kayla Rose.  She had the highest official score by a woman all time, and was called the Queen of Kong.  Last Kong Off she won the woman's competition to win the inaugural first competition.
But more than anything Kong related she'll be known for her warmth and kindness towards others.  Her death affected many in this community. 
I hope for the best, and may she be in peace after death. 
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: RIP Kayla Rose
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 03:53:46 pm »
Wait, what?  I sat next to Kayla for a bit, at Kong Off 6.  She was pretty young, wasn't she?  Is there a story that can be shared?  Sad news either way, and condolences to her loved ones.
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 05:03:06 pm »
There is no proper way to say this, but her close friend died in a horrible car accident.  This was the straw that broke the camel's back for her mentally, and she decided to end her life. I wish I knew of a better way to respond to this question.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 05:33:22 pm »
I didn't meet her, but I did see her playing some Kong at KO6. Very sad indeed. I was hoping this was just a cry for help and not the real thing when I first heard about it. I have been plagued with suicide my entire life and vow to never do such a thing cuz I know how it effects many others.

Sorry to those that were close to her. Don't be mad at her cuz she was ill. No person in their right mind would do that. We were built to survive and anyone that goes against that has an illness. Hate the sickness, not her.

I say that from experience. It hurts sooo much to see people hate one's that you loved after they have done such a thing.

Didn't know her, but I feel for her.

From the heart,  :'(

Hec
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 10:52:24 am »
I have been plagued with suicide my entire life and vow to never do such a thing cuz I know how it effects many others.

Sorry to those that were close to her. Don't be mad at her cuz she was ill. No person in their right mind would do that. We were built to survive and anyone that goes against that has an illness. Hate the sickness, not her.

Hec

Sadly, same thing here, Hec.  It's a daily struggle sometimes, especially lately, but I got 2 kids, so it's not an option.  Hope you continue to find ways to deal with whatever's going on.  I'm sure we all know people like Kayla who just couldn't go another minute.  Hec is totally right - it's the sickness, not the person.  My condolences to everyone here who knew her or met her.  Stay strong, Hec!

Tim
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 11:10:15 am »
THIS WAS A VERY SAD DAY FOR ALL HER FRIENDS AND FAMILY.. I MET HER AT THE KONG OFF IN 2012.. WITH DAN DOC.. GONE SO SOON.. RIP MY DEAR KAYLA.. XO
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer