Author Topic: Monkey Donkey Score 589,500  (Read 27678 times)

Simpsons99

Monkey Donkey Score 589,500
« on: April 12, 2013, 05:54:59 pm »
Monkey Donkey   1 Rivit away from the Kill screen with a score of 589,500

Link to Marp score

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/monkeyd

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Monkey Donkey Score 589,500
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 10:18:21 pm »
Is this game even considered to be Crazy Kong?
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 11:25:52 pm »
It's pretty much exactly Crazy Kong, as far as I know, though I could be wrong.

Brian, that's a very good score for a CK variant. You're so close now you should try to get it done.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline John73

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 01:26:22 am »
It's pretty much exactly Crazy Kong, as far as I know, though I could be wrong.

Brian, that's a very good score for a CK variant. You're so close now you should try to get it done.

Haven't played this one, so I just gave it a quick go, as far as I can tell the similarities/differences are:

1. Barrels
You can climb ladders barrels won't fall on you the same as CK
No gaps in the girders as there is in CK from Lvl 2 on
Top hammer is easily accessible

2. Pie Factory
Conveyors don't get faster from Lvl 2 on as they do in CK

3. Elevators
Seems to be exactly the same

4. Rivets
Seems to be exactly the same

Of course there are the obvious differences, title screen, ugly as sin colours and no noise when you collect prizes.

Interesting variation, might have to record a game for MARP.  Given the top hammer is accessible (well a lot more accessible than CK) I'd be guessing that the MARP high score of 685K should be achievable.   
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 05:36:16 am »
Good job Brian, you are definitely one of the Crazy Kong masters!
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Simpsons99

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 09:37:25 am »
Thanks Guys!  Like i said before i was 1 Rivit away from Kill screening this!  Would have been my 3rd Verson of Crazy Kong I've Kill Screened.
2 Dumb Deaths in a Row costed me a 600k plus score on this!
The Rivit Screen is the harder screen in the game past Level 5 or 6 ..  The Fireballs really start moving faster .. 

Simpsons99

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 03:14:04 pm »
Well allmost just did it again!   with a score of 620,300

Went into Level 21  with 1 guy ..  Was thinking for some reason KS was at Level 21!

Ended on 21-4 again  Rivit screen

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/monkeyd

Now 3rd place!

Offline Milehighdt

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 04:43:52 pm »
Good job Brian, You'll get this done. I clicked on your link and it looks like 13 years ago I was playing me some Monkey Donkey :D
DK (Arcade) 1,129,700
DK No-hammer (Arcade) 768800 Killscreen
DK No-hammer (mame japan set)  524600 level 21-4
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder DK No-Hammer Killscreener Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener

Simpsons99

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 05:01:19 pm »
TY! Are you Michael Schmitt?

I see George R  Just played a game of this. I'm a trend Setter !  I tell you!
Good job Brian, You'll get this done. I clicked on your link and it looks like 13 years ago I was playing me some Monkey Donkey :D

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 05:33:47 pm »
Brian, you made me want to try this game, cuz I've never really played Crazy Kong or other DK hacks like this before. So, I just got the rom and played my first game of this ever and got a killscreen on my second man: 563,500. Haha. If I would have known the KS was on 22-1 like on normal DK (I wasn't 100% sure what screen it would be on) I totally would have cashed my men in on the rivets. I played no hammers except for on rivets. I did this without my contacts in, and after having pulled an all-nighter last night. I'd say Killscreening this game is about equivalent to getting 350k-400k (maybe 450k with a lot of rivet screwings) on normal DK, because you should absolutely NEVER die on the spring stages or pie stages. And, if you know how to run barrel boards safely, you should never die there either. I died on like level 5 due to a bad rivet screwing when I tried to do a standing jump to grab the bottom hammer and I whiffed because the hitbox is a bit different that normal DK (or so I believe it is on that facet of the game).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:35:47 pm by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 05:46:34 pm »
Nice score Mitch!
I hate the Barrels that just fall out of the sky.

Glad you tryed it!

Offline Milehighdt

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 07:08:11 pm »

Quote from: Milehighdt on Today at 04:43:52 PM

Brian 13 years not 10, I'm Jeff Wolfe and back then I was playing every Crazy Kong cloan I found.
DK (Arcade) 1,129,700
DK No-hammer (Arcade) 768800 Killscreen
DK No-hammer (mame japan set)  524600 level 21-4
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder DK No-Hammer Killscreener Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 08:18:28 pm »
Brian, you made me want to try this game, cuz I've never really played Crazy Kong or other DK hacks like this before. So, I just got the rom and played my first game of this ever and got a killscreen on my second man: 563,500. Haha. If I would have known the KS was on 22-1 like on normal DK (I wasn't 100% sure what screen it would be on) I totally would have cashed my men in on the rivets. I played no hammers except for on rivets. I did this without my contacts in, and after having pulled an all-nighter last night. I'd say Killscreening this game is about equivalent to getting 350k-400k (maybe 450k with a lot of rivet screwings) on normal DK, because you should absolutely NEVER die on the spring stages or pie stages. And, if you know how to run barrel boards safely, you should never die there either. I died on like level 5 due to a bad rivet screwing when I tried to do a standing jump to grab the bottom hammer and I whiffed because the hitbox is a bit different that normal DK (or so I believe it is on that facet of the game).

Well Brian, if it makes you feel any better I am having an extremely tough time with this game.  I have no clue how he adjusted to this game so quickly.  The game is different from Donkey Kong, and yeah I could see how it is easier than Donkey Kong, but so far 155k is my highest.  I have no clue how Mitch was able to adjust to the differences in the game so quickly.  Mitch in my mind again proves he is not an average player, but a phenomenal  player.  As an average player I say the transition is not right away automatic.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Simpsons99

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 10:14:12 pm »
lol Sorry I'm not good with Numbers!

Quote from: Milehighdt on Today at 04:43:52 PM

Brian 13 years not 10, I'm Jeff Wolfe and back then I was playing every Crazy Kong cloan I found.

Simpsons99

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 10:20:29 pm »
TY George

I had never really played this verson of the game intell just recently...   But the other versons of this  I kill screened where just like this one.

Just like with DK  there is certain spots you don'nt want to stay in with this game.

The Rivit Screens are the Hardest after Level  5 or 6 
Timer goes down faster,   Fireballs seems to be allways moving for the most part .
So you have to play these screens at a faster  Pace then Normail.

Well Brian, if it makes you feel any better I am having an extremely tough time with this game.  I have no clue how he adjusted to this game so quickly.  The game is different from Donkey Kong, and yeah I could see how it is easier than Donkey Kong, but so far 155k is my highest.  I have no clue how Mitch was able to adjust to the differences in the game so quickly.  Mitch in my mind again proves he is not an average player, but a phenomenal  player.  As an average player I say the transition is not right away automatic.