Author Topic: twinxen's road to the kill screen  (Read 19093 times)

Offline twinxen

• Awards
Re: twinxen's road to the kill screen
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2018, 12:30:29 am »
A couple of days ago I got a random Crazy Kong killscreen. I just wanted a break from DK and played the game a little, I think the killscreen was within my first ten quarters, possibly five.

I also learned the game as I played it, my first death in the KS run was on the level 3 pies, but later on I realised that if you wait long enough - no more pies will spawn, making the levels trivial to complete. The spring boards also seemed to miss every third spring, making these boards trivial as well. The rivets seemed to play the same as DK though.

Once I got to level 10 or so with only one death, I decided to just go for the KS - and the run can be found here https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=662.msg35765;topicseen#msg35765.

I doubt I will touch this game again.
Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. --Tom Lehrer
Member for 5 Years CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2018, 06:26:51 am »
later on I realised that if you wait long enough - no more pies will spawn, making the levels trivial to complete. The spring boards also seemed to miss every third spring, making these boards trivial as well.

This is good intel. Thanks for sharing.
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2018, 07:38:02 am »
Once I believe its three pies get "stuck" in the oil can/fire in the middle no more pies will spawn unless you go down to the bottom conveyor. You can also go immediately up the opposite ladder as well when a pie spawns on say the left side if you immediately run up the right ladder you will make it every time but you need to be quick.

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger