Author Topic: The Sunshine Blog  (Read 4766 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
The Sunshine Blog
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:00:05 am »
Have to keep my badge active.  That sweet sweet B badge  Kreygasm (or is it supposed to be a word bubble?)

I haven't been playing many arcade games lately in a serious manner.  Like over the past year or so, since Brofest 3 (RIP).   I still enjoy playing games with friends over many a beer but I've lost the impetus for serious play.  I feel good about it, it's not for lack of time, or because I have something going on in a bad way that I need to address, it's out of choice to do other things I suppose.  That's better than some external force acting on me, moving me away from enjoyment.

Anyhoo, I have been playing my baseball sim nightly so I guess that's replaced the classic arcade stuff in a way.  It took me over a year to custom build 2018 rosters into the 1996 PC Baseball Sim so I'm finally getting a chance to enjoy that labor.  I really  Kreygasm hanging out with my friends and playing arcade games still, like the last Funspot trip I made to see Barra, DaLar,  <snek> , Pro, MSP, et al.  I just don't see myself submitting stuff anymore, I suppose that is always subject to change.  However, with my 2 favorite tournaments now gone, I would have to do something like head out to Idaho if I was so inclined.  I used up a lot of equity with the wife already this year with Funspot and baseball back to back as vacations, lol.  I think I owe some vacation time in return to my better half so you'll probably catch me on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean instead of the land of potatoes.

As alluded to, I recently I made a bucket list type of trip to Cardinals Opening Day in St. Louis.  You can read about my adventures there and the history of my fandom 

Here https://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2018/4/12/17228694/pwns-opening-day-trip-part-1-a-brief-history-of-pwn 

and Here  https://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2018/4/12/17228718/pwns-opening-day-trip-part-2-the-trippening

My biggest gaming excitement this year came when I 1 cc'd the Trivial Pursuit machine at Funspot.  Sort of a joke, sort of not competition with Brendan (Ebinsugewa) every visit we would play H2H and neither of us had reached the end until last trip when I got a very lucky set of questions (shoutouts to the Geneva Convention) resulting in finally getting to enter my initials into that evil machine.

I reckon that's about all for now.  I wish everybody much successes in their gaming endeavors and a hearty Get Them to all you DK score chasers.  May your smashes be 800s.

~ Fund

In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: The Sunshine Blog
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 12:14:01 pm »
Got to keep the "B" badge going....

Still don't really play competitively except for the odd tourney here or there.  Still do enjoy going to the arcade with friends IRL and busting balls over beers.  Still do enjoy seeing everyone in November at the Funspot meetup. 

I gained an extra week of vacation this year so I'm like 75% right now going to use it to go to Grinkers I think finally.  I might also tie that in with a stop over at GGA for a day or so.  W8&C.  Other than that, I sold most all my arcade cabinets and replaced them with a recording studio of sorts so TSF will be playing real life Guitar Hero soon.

Ty and ggs
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener