Author Topic: Billy Mitchell's Direct Feed Recordings are MAME Generated  (Read 334719 times)

Offline smf

• mamedev
    • Awards
Re: Billy Mitchell's Direct Feed Recordings are MAME Generated
« Reply #405 on: June 19, 2018, 12:31:30 am »
My friends and I produced a podcast episode about all of this, if anyone is interested in listening.

https://soundcloud.com/safespacecast/billy-mitchell-the-king-of-kong-falls

I listened. I hold a pragmatic view of the situation, I found the podcast was too hard lined in his defence.

It ignores that he still won't admit to the deception, therefore it's impossible to make any judgement on whether there are any other possible deceptions. The "banning him from everything makes no sense" argument ignores this more obvious point.

Someone determined enough could produce an arcade board with tool assistance which would appear authentic to anyone who doesn't have access to an xray machine. You'd have to study every button press and joystick input and how the game responds to get an idea.

Billy appears to be sitting tight and sticking to his absolutely innocent status because he thinks if he admits one thing, then he'll lost his most ardent supporters. It's probably impossible to satisfy his supporters and those that see through the cracks. His insistence on mocking anyone who has legitimate criticism by branding them the LLC (Lonely Losers Club) makes it obvious who is playing to.

I'm looking forward to his response that he's been promising, I really hope it's not just a stalling tactic to gain him sympathy.

People aren't black and white, Billy Mitchell has done some good things but that doesn't mean he's not being dishonest.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:55:56 am by smf »
Member for 6 Years

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #406 on: July 21, 2018, 07:34:49 am »
Come on guys Billy is Innocent, do you or would you say that Billy had a Clause in the movie not to say anything if he did or not cheat.. This is Hollywood folks.. enough said Go Dad.. lit.
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #407 on: July 21, 2018, 08:32:29 am »
Billy had a Clause in the movie not to say anything if he did or not cheat.. This is Hollywood folks.. enough said

FailFish
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Elite Member
    • My YouTube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #408 on: July 21, 2018, 12:29:53 pm »
Allen, pl0x.
PBs:
Donkey Kong - 1,032,100 (22-1)
Donkey Kong Junior - 79,400 (4-2)
Donkey Kong 3 - 344,200 (Stage 22)
Crazy Kong Part II - 645,400 (22-4)

I occasionally stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Member for 6 Years DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Mario500

• Doing 'The Mario' on the keyboard
    • Awards
« Reply #409 on: July 23, 2018, 11:41:32 am »
My friends and I produced a podcast episode about all of this, if anyone is interested in listening.

https://soundcloud.com/safespacecast/billy-mitchell-the-king-of-kong-falls

Was the "episode" removed from that address sometime between this past Sunday (the twenty-second day of this July) and this Monday (the twenty-third day of this July)?
Highest Score in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): 699,300 points (Level 19-1)
Highest Level in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): Level 19-1
Member for 11 Years

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #410 on: February 21, 2019, 07:12:11 pm »
ersatz_cats did some great work, tracking down video of an MTV interview from 2006 with RTM showcasing the 1.047M:

A lost interview with Mruczek has revealed more evidence against Billy Mitchell
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer