Author Topic: Welcome to DKF!  (Read 178451 times)

Offline Ekki

• Awards
Re: Welcome to DKF!
« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2024, 04:21:37 am »
Hello all and thanks for letting me in!

I am from Germany and actually not a hardcore gamer, but a collector.
I just added one of the first Donkey Kong Arcades to my collection an found out many interesting details about the early days / versions of Donkey Kong arcade machines. I will try to share them..

Best Regards,
Ekki

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2024, 06:20:50 am »
Hello all and thanks for letting me in!

I am from Germany and actually not a hardcore gamer, but a collector.
I just added one of the first Donkey Kong Arcades to my collection an found out many interesting details about the early days / versions of Donkey Kong arcade machines. I will try to share them..

Welcome to DKF!
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2024, 04:15:30 pm »
Hallo  <HootLove>
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline jammvyy

• Awards
« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2024, 10:29:01 pm »
 <Billy> How do we know your not billy trying to sneak in here :)

Member for 2 Years

Offline Ekki

• Awards
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2024, 02:29:13 pm »
<Billy> How do we know your not billy trying to sneak in here :)

Oh, that is simple (see picture below):

My Donkey Kong Table has an original Nintendo-PCB inside, no fake MAME  ROFL
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 02:31:13 pm by Ekki »

Offline jammvyy

• Awards
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2024, 05:10:09 pm »
Cool :) a 4 board stack , you can't set a world record on , if that your plan  JacePlz
Member for 2 Years

Offline Ekki

• Awards
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2024, 06:08:12 am »
Cool :) a 4 board stack , you can't set a world record on , if that your plan  JacePlz

Well, right now I could not even reach the top 300, so it does not matter   :'(

BUT: According to this Forum-rules, a 4 board with US set1 is allowed.

so never say never ;-)

Offline CASZB

• Awards
« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2024, 05:08:35 pm »
Hi, everyone.

I guess I have very little experience, and am not very good. I’m not sure if I’ve ever gotten past the first stage, having played more consoles than arcades growing up, with few exceptions. I wasn’t alive in the ‘80s, but would love to get better at Donkey Kong, Jr., Mario Bros., BurgerTime, games of that era. The game from that era I’m probably best at is DigDug, having reached Level 8 2-3 weeks back. I can probably get to Level 2-3 on BurgerTime.

I work a demanding job and the arcade with a lot of these games is about a bit more than two hours away. I would love to spend a whole Saturday there the next time I have a Saturday off of work.

I’m not looking to get any high scores or set any records, just to get better and reach as many levels as I can.

Thanks, everyone.

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2024, 06:21:28 pm »
Hi, everyone.

I guess I have very little experience, and am not very good. I’m not sure if I’ve ever gotten past the first stage, having played more consoles than arcades growing up, with few exceptions. I wasn’t alive in the ‘80s, but would love to get better at Donkey Kong, Jr., Mario Bros., BurgerTime, games of that era. The game from that era I’m probably best at is DigDug, having reached Level 8 2-3 weeks back. I can probably get to Level 2-3 on BurgerTime.

I work a demanding job and the arcade with a lot of these games is about a bit more than two hours away. I would love to spend a whole Saturday there the next time I have a Saturday off of work.

I’m not looking to get any high scores or set any records, just to get better and reach as many levels as I can.

Thanks, everyone.

Welcome to DKF! Don't worry about scores and world records...just play what you want to play, how you want to play! And don't be afraid to ask questions. Along with the DK games, we have some some fantastic, world-record-level Dig Dug and Mario Bros. players that hang around here too.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline CASZB

• Awards
« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2024, 07:12:08 pm »
Hi, everyone.

Thanks, everyone.

Welcome to DKF! Don't worry about scores and world records...just play what you want to play, how you want to play! And don't be afraid to ask questions. Along with the DK games, we have some some fantastic, world-record-level Dig Dug and Mario Bros. players that hang around here too.

Cool. Thanks for the support. I just want to have fun with this - take it seriously enough to get better, but not too seriously and just have fun with it while improving at the games.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2024, 08:08:52 pm »
Welcome and injoy!   <HootLove>
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline CASZB

• Awards
« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2024, 08:23:26 pm »
Thank You.