Author Topic: The DK Masters Information and Submission Thread  (Read 39134 times)

Offline Dallas Taylor

• Awards
Re: The DK Masters Information and Submission Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2023, 11:53:18 am »
"With Justin at Rank B and Barra at Rank A...who will be the first to complete the ultimate challenge and reach Rank S?! "

Whichever one of them feels like we doing it first would be my guess. They've both proven that they possess the skills to knock it out.
Member for 4 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline rayfinkel

• Awards
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2023, 06:25:02 pm »
Well, the deed is done. Rank S is in the books. A great close to a really awesome year for me in the DK space. So many thanks to all the mates who went on the journey with me. You guys da best.  BibleThump  <HootLove>

I'm sure Jry (<3) will provide better stats than me, time stamps, etc., but at a high-level, I started last night (12/19/23) with DK and dropped a ~1.15 game at around 2 AM. After that I got the DK3 hard mode RBS somewhere around 5:30 AM. After sleeping, I woke up and tackled Crazy Kong first, scoring ~760k at probably around 5 PM and then ~1.32 million on DK Junior around 8:30 PM (12/20/23).

INP's for all four games are zipped and attached.

Twitch highlights:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2009697775

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2009705414

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2009708610

I also had just enough room to grab a full screenshot of my CMD prompt for the full Rank S attempts:

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2023, 06:33:24 pm »
History has been made!

8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2023, 07:15:51 pm »
Holy fuck dude! I wasn't sure anyone would ever pull this off. Hugemongous congratulations.

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2023, 09:45:57 pm »
He done the deed. Pay him the bounty. Give him that S!

Fly
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2023, 09:56:48 pm »
He done the deed. Pay him the bounty. Give him that S!

Fly
Wow, didn't know there was a bounty. Cool 8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2023, 05:13:37 am »
Congrats on Rank S Justin! An amazing feat!
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline Dallas Taylor

• Awards
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2023, 07:53:47 am »
This is the droid that we're looking for.

Great work Justin. I say work because, while gaming is fun, accomplishing goals takes work.

Now that you've proven that it can be done, who's next? There is at least one guy that I think could knock it out with a week or two of practice/prep time, and several who might pull it off with a bit of effort.
Member for 4 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2023, 07:17:45 pm »
Well, the deed is done. Rank S is in the books. A great close to a really awesome year for me in the DK space. So many thanks to all the mates who went on the journey with me. You guys da best.  BibleThump  <HootLove>

I'm sure Jry (<3) will provide better stats than me, time stamps, etc., but at a high-level, I started last night (12/19/23) with DK and dropped a ~1.15 game at around 2 AM. After that I got the DK3 hard mode RBS somewhere around 5:30 AM. After sleeping, I woke up and tackled Crazy Kong first, scoring ~760k at probably around 5 PM and then ~1.32 million on DK Junior around 8:30 PM (12/20/23).

INP's for all four games are zipped and attached.

Twitch highlights:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2009697775

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2009705414

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2009708610

I also had just enough room to grab a full screenshot of my CMD prompt for the full Rank S attempts:

Incredible, sir. It has finally been done. Firstly, all of this has been verified and updated on the DK Masters leaderboard...and you get a shiny new badge!

I didn't see much point in doing score analyses for games that are so far below your PBS, so all I have to offer are timestamps (local).

As a reminder for everyone, the 24-hour window begins when the first point/board threshold is reached in the first game, and that occurred when you hit 1.13M on DK at 2:10:13 AM on December 20. You hit the final point threshold of 1.3M on DKJR at 8:22:34 PM on December 20...giving a real-time total of 18:12:21. In between, the second threshold was reached when you hit the RBS on DK3 (Diff 3) at 5:22:27 AM on December 20. The third point threshold of 750k on CK was hit at 5:27:48 PM on December 20.

Here is how the actual game time worked out for each game:

Game
  ​ 
Threshold
  ​ 
Final Score
  ​ 
Time to Threshold
  ​ 
Total Game Time
DK
2:52:12
2:56:25
DK3-Diff3
RBS (Board 160)Board 162
2:30:30
2:34:38
CK
2:18:25
2:19:50
DKJR
2:38:27
2:41:35
Total Time
10:19:34
10:32:28

I'm not sure what your strategy was, playing DK first certainly helped for your overall time (not that you were in any danger of going over 24 hours). There was no need to play the games out, and you did end up killing off DK3, but you were so playing so close to the required pace for each game that the extra ~13 minutes didn't really mean much.

Again, since the timer starts after the first threshold has been reached, this had the potential for a time of 7:27:22 if everything was played back-to-back(-to-back-to-back). Something to keep in mind for future attempts.  :)

Also, it was politely brought to my attention that perhaps the best way to rank the Rank Sers would be by fastest completion, and not number of completions. Since this the first and only qualifying submission, I think it wouldn't be too hard to make that change. So, I'll likely update the info page soon. I've formatted the Rank S section of the leaderboard to show the time of completion, the date of first completion, and the number of completions. Hopefully the list eventually gets filled out and we have some kind of speedrun battle for best DK player ever.

A fantastic achievement, sir. And I'll eventually get a certificate (or two <Billy>) made for you.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer