Author Topic: It's amazing how many times DK3 has appeared in tournaments the past 3 years  (Read 6638 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
I have been thinking about it, and even for me, I have to admit that DK3 has been in a crazy amount of tournaments.
It's been in back to back BOTA's
It's been in a brofest
It's been in an IGBY
It's been in a Grinkfest
It was involved in a special California Extreme tournament involving Donkey Kong, DKJr, and DK3
And today I found out it's been in an AussieArcade tournament this month.

So yeah, it's really cool to see a ton of people get to experience the awesomeness of DK3.   8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
I would say all the good games got voted out so we had to make room but that would just be a dig. Truth is its a pretty good tournament game, and a pretty good game overall after you get past the donkey kong name.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
I think a lot of it has to do with the amount of different variations the difficulty and life limiting dips provide.  There aren't too many games that allow you to limit the easiness as well as the free lives.   It's good for tournaments since it doesn't have to be babysat like a lot of classic games.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Was in the Aussie arcade MGL that just finished too, which was it’s first ever appearance in 33 seasons
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer