Author Topic: KONG OFF 6 - Update  (Read 26261 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: KONG OFF 6 - Update
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 04:50:26 am »
Just a thought, but there is the Ontario airport.  It's less than 50 miles away from Banning.

"DK3 is new DK"

8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 10:25:35 pm »
Ontario is actually a nice little airport. Not the madness that is LAX, though you will likely not find a nonstop to it.

I didn't even know where Banning was, but apparently it's only about 40 miles from me.
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Boognish

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 07:28:16 am »

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 02:05:06 pm »
Just saw the post everyone is referencing now. No idea about this latest change and what exactly the "Then the final Kong Off to be done at Richie Knucklez Arcade in Flemington NJ." means. Maybe a KO6 in Banning and then KO7 the following year? I havent seen / heard anything from Richie on this so when/if I do I'll post an update here.

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 09:14:03 pm »
Man, I've been telling you guys for weeks. 6 in  Banning and 7 in Jersey. Just scroll around in the sht box history. I heard it from Richie and Weeks. Only they didn't know I heard.

Hec
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 08:36:24 pm »
Yup I just chatted to Richie on his stream as well as a FB post. KO6 is in Banning, CA in Mar 16-18.

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 01:10:08 am »
yep
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 07:35:55 am »
I think it's pretty cool to have it in California. It's nice to have different locations across the United States, lovit! As for myself, it adds to the cost of the flights, but who knows, wait and see!  :)
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

CommodoreRock

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 01:41:36 pm »
Was it established that the next one is definitely in California?  I have never competed due to concerns my scores were not high enough.

In the mean time, I just hit a legitimate 737,800 over the weekend on level 18, my best 3 lives score.  The problem is that I still have games where I barely break 200 or 300,000, especially now that I'm trying to get out of running boards and moderately point pressing with lower hammer.   I have never kill screened, so I'm not sure I'm Kong-Off material.  In any event, I average about 400,000 and would like to participate in the next one in NJ.  What proof is necessary to qualify?  Is a screenshot enough or do I need to film an entire game of at least 600,000, which I understand is the least qualifying score?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:44:24 pm by CommodoreRock »

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2017, 02:25:57 pm »
Was it established that the next one is definitely in California?  I have never competed due to concerns my scores were not high enough.

In the mean time, I just hit a legitimate 737,800 over the weekend on level 18, my best 3 lives score.  The problem is that I still have games where I barely break 200 or 300,000, especially now that I'm trying to get out of running boards and moderately point pressing with lower hammer.   I have never kill screened, so I'm not sure I'm Kong-Off material.  In any event, I average about 400,000 and would like to participate in the next one in NJ.  What proof is necessary to qualify?  Is a screenshot enough or do I need to film an entire game of at least 600,000, which I understand is the least qualifying score?

I haven't seen any official announcements about a Banning Kong Off, and the last I heard Richie was selling off his arcade in NJ...so that puts a big question mark over a NJ Kong Off as well. I also don't know anything about 600,000 being a qualifying score. At one point Richie was accepting killscreens at specific events as qualifiers, and only one person made that cut.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 01:53:46 pm »
Well its all over the Banning posters and on Facebook so I would say KO6 is officially at Banning. To me this is probably the last one unless Richie opens a new arcade or they just continue to have it someplace else (Which he did say they are going to try and open the arcade in a new location in that post).

I haven't seen any official announcements about a Banning Kong Off, and the last I heard Richie was selling off his arcade in NJ...so that puts a big question mark over a NJ Kong Off as well. I also don't know anything about 600,000 being a qualifying score. At one point Richie was accepting killscreens at specific events as qualifiers, and only one person made that cut.

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 03:39:52 am »
Well its all over the Banning posters and on Facebook so I would say KO6 is officially at Banning. To me this is probably the last one unless Richie opens a new arcade or they just continue to have it someplace else (Which he did say they are going to try and open the arcade in a new location in that post).

Do you have a link, because I see nothing about the Kong Off on Arcade Expo's website or Facebook page.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 03:53:44 pm »
Yeah I have to find that I saw posters with it added and Paul Dean and others talking about it as well as Richie but its not on the official site or facebook which is odd for sure.

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2017, 06:27:48 pm »
We've finally got an official announcement, via Richie on Facebook:

Announcing Kong Off 6! in Banning California March 16 to 18.
Pre-order your Marquee and Shirt today! More info all this week. The Kong Off 6 Machine has begun

Offline mbert0

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 12:58:25 pm »
In lieu of Facebook is there a website for the next Kong Off?  Also, anyway to register/sign up for a marquee, etc.?

Thanks!
Member for 6 Years