Author Topic: After 7 years playing Arcade/MAME games I still can't marathon a game.  (Read 8817 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: After 7 years playing Arcade/MAME games I still can't marathon a game.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 06:36:32 am »
Nope, that doesn't sound easy at all. Too many things to remember.  They say, "easier said, than done", but if just saying it seems hard, I can't imagine putting it into practice.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 07:03:53 am »
Quote from: wags
It's a pseudo-patternable game, events are timed but they have variables attributed to them.

Here's how the neverending L9 works in Q*Bert for all events that occur (can probably use a variation prior to L9, I forget when Sam/Slick opens up the board L5 or L6 at some point maybe, probably can start there with this)

Go down left side, make a small pyramid in bottom left corner

Sam/Slick appear and start to go down, let them change the color (it helps out at this point) but if they get close to your bottom left, grab them (watch out for the occasional random orange ball that can go directly down the left and hit you)

Clean up going across the bottom of the screen left to right

Coily appears

Use bottom right disc to drop coily

Bottom L to R should be complete/near complete

Use time here to do more clean up in the middle

Coily appears

Position yourself on the cube that rests one level below and between the 2 orange ball spawn spots

When Coily is approximately 1 or 2 cubes from getting you, Sam or Slick will appear on a random side one cube away from you

Grab them so they don't jack up the board and take the disc on that side to evade Coily who will be very close to you at this point

Use time here to do more clean up

Coily appears

Again position yourself in that same middle cube spot between the spawn spots

This time Sam or Slick will spawn slightly faster than before

Grab them and evade Coily via the nearest disc

Clean Up the board

Coily appears

Sam/Slick do not spawn during this Coily appearance

Use a disc to evade Coily

Clean Up the board

1 orange ball will come down then the green freeze ball will appear

Grab it and use the time to clean up the board

By this point you are out of discs and if you don't have the board done by now, you are in bad shape as Sam and Slick appear more frequently and you have no escape discs left

Quote from: g riley
Nope

ROFL
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 07:46:46 am »
I'll simplify.....

Get to the middle cube/platform when the purple snake comes out so you can grab the green fella.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 12:36:56 pm »
I'll simplify.....

Get to the middle cube/platform when the purple snake comes out so you can grab the green fella.
OK much better. :)

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 02:09:27 am »
Lol, if you just try to follow the instructions you'll start to understand what it is saying and why. Just takes a little effort up front and then it's easy peasy. Make a save state and at least work at it for an hour before you give up on it. I mean, how badly do you really want to marathon a game?
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 04:25:30 am »
Lol, if you just try to follow the instructions you'll start to understand what it is saying and why. Just takes a little effort up front and then it's easy peasy. Make a save state and at least work at it for an hour before you give up on it. I mean, how badly do you really want to marathon a game?

Oh, if you seen the effort I have put in Nibbler you'd know I'm willing to put in the time.  By the way, I'm close with Nibbler 2.38 million now on the game.  If I can get to 3.5 million I feel I'll be able to take that sucker all the way.  If you look at all the scores you'll notice that a lot of them  go from where I am at to 100 million or 10 million or whatever point the person just decided to stop. 

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard