Author Topic: Yolympics 2017  (Read 47080 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Yolympics 2017
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 03:47:51 pm »
Only a few more days to nominate games! Get your picks in ASAP!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 12:44:10 pm »
Happy New Year! The game nomination period is now closed, and the voting period is open! Vote here, for up to 3 games per time period. Voting will end on January 23rd. Player registration is still open, so spread the word!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 01:06:10 pm »
OK, I encourage people to at least try out Sky Skipper.  If it is picked, I am almost certain it would be a pretty popular game.  It has things most classic games don't have.  The game is less than 20 minutes long(this is because the 8th board is a quasi killscreen.  You have to lose at least one man in order to pass the board, and since you only get four total men throughout the game the farthest you can get is the 11th board).  It actually rewards speed running despite not being a racing game(you get bonus points based on how much fuel you have.  The quicker you play the level the more fuel you have).  It's a fun game, and I hope people will give it a chance.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 01:09:26 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 09:26:12 am »
Do you have a link to the current results, or can we only see that just after we vote?
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 09:45:49 am »
Do you have a link to the current results, or can we only see that just after we vote?
Uhm, you can't see it after you vote either.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 10:22:03 am »
I had an option to view previous results.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 10:25:17 am »
I had an option to view previous results.
Oops my bad

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Zerst

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 12:55:27 pm »
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 02:59:36 pm »
The tournament organizer reserves the right to veto shitty games. Don't pick shitty games.

Loving this rule right now
 <Pigger>

Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Zerst

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2017, 12:11:02 pm »
Current voting leaders as of 03 Jan are as follows:
berzerk
bomb jack
cosmo gang the video
galaga arrange
metal slug 2
nba jam
new rally-x
pac-man arrange
pac-mania
pengo
raiden
raiden fighters
rampage
solomon's key
super burger time
super space invaders '91
twin cobra
twin cobra 2
wizard of wor
wonder boy

The tournament organizer reserves the right to veto shitty games. Don't pick shitty games.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:32:03 pm by Zerst »

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 12:55:46 am »
We should almost have a rule where only 1 game of a specific series can feature in the same contest. Clones could be included here too

i.e. get rid of one of the twin cobras, pacmans, raidens.

Just a thought.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 04:42:48 am »
We should almost have a rule where only 1 game of a specific series can feature in the same contest. Clones could be included here too

i.e. get rid of one of the twin cobras, pacmans, raidens.

Just a thought.

I agree with this.
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2017, 08:33:45 am »
My stance is,  If you are going to make that rule  make that rule for the next contest BEFORE voting starts.  I am not against the rule, I just don't want to see that rule implemented for this contest.  Doing it for this contest is sort of pulling the rug underneath people.  People are already practicing on these games, and then to do that garbage, I really have a problem with.
Like I said, this should have been brought up BEFORE voting.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 10:17:41 am »
Well I probably wouldn't call it garbage but yea retroactively adding this rule is not a great idea.

Offline Zerst

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 12:20:31 pm »
My stance is,  If you are going to make that rule  make that rule for the next contest BEFORE voting starts.  I am not against the rule, I just don't want to see that rule implemented for this contest.  Doing it for this contest is sort of pulling the rug underneath people.  People are already practicing on these games, and then to do that garbage, I really have a problem with.
Like I said, this should have been brought up BEFORE voting.
To be fair, look at what happened once joke/non-entrant votes were removed; the game list notably changed. Who knows if the games you're practicing are even going to be in now that the gap was narrowed and things were made more interesting.

We can only pray that trend continues and we somehow escape from having to scoreplay in NBA Jam and Thunder Force AC Twin Cobra 2.