Author Topic: Got up to 297,400..question for the pros  (Read 2056 times)

Realzach2001

Got up to 297,400..question for the pros
« on: July 23, 2016, 07:18:32 am »
I think I've finally figured out the elevator boards well enough to consider them the easiest of the four boards. I typically now die due to randomness or carelessness. One doesn't realize the innate amount of focus needed to maintain your stride.

One simple question now that I'm a third of the way through the game and have earned nearly 300k.

I often die when Kong drops the barrel directly on top of me. Someone once said "watch the monkey" but I am having a bit of difficulty finding much info on that.

Best,
Zach

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Got up to 297,400..question for the pros
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:47:04 am »
What we are referring to when we say "watch the monkey" is the 1/16 rule. Every time Kong reaches for a barrel, there is a 1/16 chance it will be a wild barrel. On L05 and beyond, the wild barrels are the same for every barrel board. Where the wild goes depends on jumpman's position on the screen. Before you climb the ladder to grab the top hammer, watch Kong. Wait until he reaches for a barrel and then SHOWS you the barrel in between his legs. Once the barrel is in between his legs, you will know he isn't throwing a wild. After getting to the top hammer, you are safe from Kong's wild barrels as long as jumpman's heels are on the left edge of the girder. You are free to grab the hammer with a straight jump and wait for him to show you another barrel in between his legs before moving to the right. Hope this helps. I'm sure someone else can explain it better with images and the like. I am also confident that a thread probably exists about this topic already. Good luck and keep grinding!
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer