Author Topic: Allen Staal vs. Brian Allen: The Race to 900,000  (Read 57824 times)

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
Re: Allen Staal vs. Brian Allen: The Race to 900,000
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2017, 04:18:23 pm »
 <Allen> https://clips.twitch.tv/SmallAssiduousOcelotTF2John

The fart at the end sums up the mood
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2017, 09:26:25 am »
I believe neither one is capable of 900K at this point......  BibleThump  <Allen>
Does it really matter?  They are both killscreeners, and to be honest, 900k isn't that different than 860k.  I don't see 900k as that much of a step up from a killscreen.  I think you need 950k before there is a clear separation from a killscreen.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

WCopeland

« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2017, 10:44:38 am »
I believe neither one is capable of 900K at this point......  BibleThump  <Allen>
Does it really matter?  They are both killscreeners, and to be honest, 900k isn't that different than 860k.  I don't see 900k as that much of a step up from a killscreen.  I think you need 950k before there is a clear separation from a killscreen.

Sorry, George, I have to disagree. I think when going for your first 840k-860k kill screen, you're building the foundation to go for higher scores. 900k is the perfection of that "running boards" foundation, and it's senseless to go for a million without being capable of 900k first. With a flawed foundation, one could finish a double hammer game and still not hit a million. The first KS and the first 900k games are big milestones in a player's mastery of the game.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2017, 11:24:21 am »

Sorry, George, I have to disagree. I think when going for your first 840k-860k kill screen, you're building the foundation to go for higher scores. 900k is the perfection of that "running boards" foundation, and it's senseless to go for a million without being capable of 900k first. With a flawed foundation, one could finish a double hammer game and still not hit a million. The first KS and the first 900k games are big milestones in a player's mastery of the game.
But can't you just reserve double hammer for every time you fall behind 900k pace?  Or maybe even do safe top level point pressing for 900k pace to?

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

WCopeland

« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2017, 12:30:56 pm »

But can't you just reserve double hammer for every time you fall behind 900k pace?  Or maybe even do safe top level point pressing for 900k pace to?

IMHO that would be using those techniques as a crutch for pace instead of an addition to pace. With a proper foundation, one should be able to hit 900k simply running boards with no double hammers and no grouping.

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2017, 12:33:29 pm »
Bottom hammer and grouping near Kong are of much greater difficulty than just efficiently running boards and most if not all killscreen-only players shouldn't attempt it just to bring their pace up unless they are confident in doing so. In which case they should be attempting much higher scores than 900k.

I agree with Wes, a 900k kill screen is a great indicator of being efficient enough at getting through the screens without point pressing, and that you are ready to make that next step up.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2017, 01:19:04 pm »

I agree Wes. I was fairly lucky I think that my first killscreen was also a 900k game. I had played a LONG time at that points (like years as FailFish) was pretty efficient with top hammer and the elevator stage so I didn't lose a lot of points there. Generally though 900k is not just a killscreen game. You need to have effective elevators and not waste a lot of points on boards to get it. Its not double hammer play but its not just blazing thru running boards.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2017, 06:16:06 am »
So, where do we go from here? I think the term "race to" no longer applies if they aren't even able to do it. A Race To 700k just doesn't have the same appeal to me, so is Brian the Allen Off Champion in perpituity? Or, maybe if Allen ever manages to beat Brian's PB, does that make him the champ? I need answers.
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

WCopeland

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2017, 07:27:44 am »
So, where do we go from here? I think the term "race to" no longer applies if they aren't even able to do it. A Race To 700k just doesn't have the same appeal to me, so is Brian the Allen Off Champion in perpituity? Or, maybe if Allen ever manages to beat Brian's PB, does that make him the champ? I need answers.

Whenever either player is able to actually get 900,000 we can do one of these again, but until then you're right it's probably pointless. Fans of both players seemed pretty disappointed, and I don't want them to be let down again.

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2018, 12:53:17 am »
marg pls.. i am a 900 player lit twice ive got it now.. i will get Million very soon Be Affraid Be very Affraid lit..

<Allen> <Allen>  <Billy> <Billy> Dad
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2018, 05:35:09 am »
i will get Million very soon

Allen pls, if you carry on at this rate you can get expect to 'get Million' in August 2026, sir

http://kongtrackr.herokuapp.com/#/player/allenStaal

(      (   (  <Allen> )   )     )
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 05:36:40 am by QAOP Spaceman »
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline datagod

• Howdy folks!
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2018, 04:52:14 pm »
Allen, come back to facebook.  We miss you man!
Lets be pals!
Member for 10 Years

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2018, 06:22:52 pm »
Come back to Facebook Allen!   BibleThump

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2018, 12:11:30 am »
I heard Allen managed another 900k game...hopefully he will announce it on facebook soon.
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Elite Member
    • My YouTube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2018, 04:16:20 am »
:D
PBs:
Donkey Kong - 1,032,100 (22-1)
Donkey Kong Junior - 79,400 (4-2)
Donkey Kong 3 - 344,200 (Stage 22)
Crazy Kong Part II - 645,400 (22-4)

I occasionally stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Member for 6 Years DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer