Author Topic: Please help me get my Crazy Kong Killscreen score accepted. On the arpicade.  (Read 8948 times)

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
Please help me get my Crazy Kong Killscreen score accepted. Didn't know a arpicade would be any different than anything other multi- board. Kinda bummed out. I'm really pushing for the rank D in the DK Masters. Would appreciate anyone that can help.
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder DKJR Remix Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Please help me get my Crazy Kong Killscreen score accepted. Didn't know a arpicade would be any different than anything other multi- board. Kinda bummed out. I'm really pushing for the rank D in the DK Masters. Would appreciate anyone that can help.

It would be helpful if people could chime in, since I don't know much about this particular hardware. Generally these things have been handled on a case-by-case basis, and usually before a submission  ;).

I've accepted Game Elf boards under the "Multi" platform, which is platform for x-in-1, multi-games, etc. But I need to know how this ARpiCADE works and we need to decide what evidence is necessary if we want to accept them.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
Yeah see I don't know how they work either. I got the card loaded from a former friend on Kong klub. So I just showed everything I could at the end the crazy Kong 2 set one. The 4 way joystick. The 3 man, 7000k extra man and the. Starting of a new game. And the jamma harness. And it one stream. Hopefully I can get her submitted.
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder DKJR Remix Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Arpicade seems to be Raspberry pi with an adapter to Arcade.  Is Raspberry pi allowed?
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline blackraven15

• I usually just quietly lurking
    • My UV Multimidia Art
    • Awards
I am no expert (I'll let the wizard chime i  for that) but the Pi is essentially a tiny computer runninh Mame is not?

Is there Crazy King Scores accepted as mame as I think the Pi set up likely falls under that
Willow / Sock's other half

Higest DK Remix score default setting 64 180 (April 19 2018)

Twitter: @donkeykongremix
https://www.facebook.com/donkeykongremix/
Member for 8 Years

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
I think it would be helpful to drill down into what version of MAME is being run.  I have a pi running retropie/emustation, which includes MAME 2003, which is based on MAME 0.78.

More info here on MAME 2003 here:

https://docs.libretro.com/library/mame_2003/

I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but playing some titles that I'm pretty well familiar with, I noticed no differences.  I tried DK on it, and it gave me the typical challenge that DK on MAME gives me, which is a slight bit of lag compared to arcade hardware.  And I've spent so much time on DK arcade hardware, that it is difficult for me to overcome the lag on DK on MAME.  So, apples to apples as far as I can tell.

So for whatever all of that is worth, I think if it is confirmed that it is MAME 2003 (read: MAME 0.78), I can confidently say it plays like any other MAME.
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
Its just a raspberry pi running mame most likely. We just need to know what version of mame. It would be something you configure on your end.

From the Arpicade site:
https://arpicade.com/installation-and-configuration-v3-7/

Each version of MAME included has it’s strengths and weaknesses, to get the most out of the system a bit of mixing and matching is required.

Mame based:

MAME 0.172: 2nd newest version of MAME included, has the most accurate emulation and can do a few things the others can’t like mirrored cocktail mode & fine adjustments to video output size.
MAME 0.181 Newest version of MAME included, has the most accurate emulation and can do a few things the others can’t like mirrored cocktail mode & fine adjustments to video output size. v0.181 scales differently to all other emulators included.
I recommend using v0.172 over v0.181.

AdvanceMAME: Designed for use with arcade monitors, very configurable – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for its mix of good speed, options and emulation quality
MAME4all: The fastest version of mame for arm architecture but very old with the most dated emulation, the version on this software is modified to work with the correct scanline output in low res.
*Not recommended for Pi3, the other versions of MAME have much better emulation due to age*

RetroArch:

MAME2003 (Retroarch core): Good speed but a little buggy, improving though – good for mk2 and later Midway titles & SEGA System32 games. Also very good at mapping analog controls to a digital joystick
FBA_Next (Retroarch core): Fast but not as accurate/configurable as mame – good for CPS3 & PGM & a few SHMUPS that are buggy in advmame
Other:

Daphne: Plays laser disc games like Dragons Lair & Space Ace
Additional assorted console emulators

DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
Well thanks everyone for your input. I have no computer to check which Mame it is. And have dealt with Mame myself. I asked the guy that made the card for me and he said he believes it's 172 but it's been a while since he made the cards. Not sure if that helps any.

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
Ok so I talked to Harry who made the card for me. And it's Mame .172  ckongpt2.zip. Hopefully that helps something?

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Overall it seems (sadly) that since it’s mame you need an inp, and I assume you don’t have that.

This might be a case of everyone here knowing that you did it and it forever being unofficial.

That said, please accept his score so he can stop playing this horrible game.
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
What is an inp?

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
The inp is the recording. :)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
As of right now, I have a major concern with how this device handles romsets. Games can be added/removed by the player and apparently there is no way to detect if modified romsets are being used. I don't suspect Mat of doing something like that of course, but the possibility that it can be done is an absolute dealbreaker for me. So, unless there is a way to 100% confirm the romset being used then this will not be an acceptable platform.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
I completely understand if you Jry. I wish I would have known be before I bought it. I'll figure something out.😀