Author Topic: Can a DK JR. cabinet run a DK TGK-4 board?  (Read 2439 times)

DadsGlasses

Can a DK JR. cabinet run a DK TGK-4 board?
« on: May 23, 2015, 03:14:15 pm »
I'm looking to buy a DK machine with the TGK-4 board. A local has just offered me a DK Jr. machine. Can I swap the board for a DK TGK-4 PCB?  Is it a simple plug and play swap?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Can a DK JR. cabinet run a DK TGK-4 board?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 04:44:40 pm »
welcome Robert.

It shouldn't be an issue at all, you will either have an edge-connector wiring harness or an original harness ( a bunch of wires ::) ), either would be able to work with a DK or DK jr pcb.  However, you would need the edge connector harness (or an adapter) if you wanted to put a DK3 board in there.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

DadsGlasses

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 04:49:55 pm »
Thank you very much for the welcome and the helpful reply.

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 11:26:25 am »
Should definitely not be an issue. However I am in pretty much the same boat and it's hard to find a board for less than a million dollars.
Member for 9 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

DadsGlasses

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 12:47:44 pm »
Should definitely not be an issue. However I am in pretty much the same boat and it's hard to find a board for less than a million dollars.

It seems like it's the type of thing that is everywhere when you don't need one, and nowhere when you do need one!

Good luck. I hope we can both find the boards we are looking for!