Author Topic: DK Cab- Rolledcigs  (Read 10241 times)

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
DK Cab- Rolledcigs
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:05:31 am »
I got a DK cab today. It's a big steaming pile of awesome and I need to figure out how to use the dern'd thing. Here are some pictures. The monitor is flowing in the wind and it's brighter on the top than the bottom of the screen. The screen also needs adjusted to the left. Joystick is loose but plays- I have never played DJ jr so I die before I can use it too much. The image is the main issue. Oh, and the volume. This thing is louder than a marching band. Welp. Let me know what you guys think of the beast and any info on the workings would be amazing. Thank you.
Member for 9 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
Re: DK Cab- Rolledcigs
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 11:08:40 am »
Jr board  BibleThump
Member for 9 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 11:10:08 am »
Really wish it had the stock TKG4

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 11:11:40 am »
Button ops

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 11:12:43 am »
Monitor

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 11:13:47 am »
Power supply

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 11:15:25 am »
Certificate of authenticity. That's all I got for now. Let me know if anything else is needed. I don't know how to open up the controller area.

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 12:15:43 pm »
Kreygasm.  To enter the CP, you must open the coin door, then reach up under the CP and release a pair of latches (one on either side); they latch the CP to the inside of the walls, and open upwards.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 12:56:58 pm »
Awesome!  Let me know if you need some help. 
"If at first you don't succeed then maybe you just suck." - Kenny Powers
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline jumpman

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 02:27:41 pm »
First step is to make sure your b+ voltage is 108v. You can see the raster lines on the monitor, it's too bright. There are 3 brightness controls to adjust. The easy ones to adjust are on the remote board of the chassis the other is marked screen on the flyback. Try that first but most likely a cap kit would do that wonders. If it's waving like a flag I would replace the b+ filter caps( they don't come with the cap kits need to buy them separately. Here is a great vid on how to adjust b+ voltages and color white balance for the Sanyo. Nice pick up, enjoy it!
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline jumpman

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 02:28:34 pm »
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Rolledcigs

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 10:25:51 am »
Thanks for all the info guys. Yeah, seems like it'll be a pretty interesting learning experience. Lotta information.

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 11:35:43 am »
Nice find!  I'm jealous that your cabinet has the certificate of authenticity....mine is MIA.

As for volume control, you can see in your picture of the back of the monitor, the grouping of 4 dials to the left of the monitor has one labeled volume control.

Does your speaker hum when no sound is being produced?  Mine does, and I noticed on the DK cab I was playing at the Arcade Expo that I attended in Banning, CA, a couple months back.  Not sure if this is true for all DK cabs, or if its something that needs fixing.
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 11:44:36 am »
My cab originally had a loud hum. The audio board was recapped which helped but there's still a bit of a hum. I think that's just how they are.
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger

Offline CaptainJivePants

• Teter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 01:16:37 pm »
Congrats! The cabinet itself appears to be in pretty good condition from the pictures. I'm really jealous because I love Jr. Regardless, I would recommend a mirror to help you with the monitor adjustment parts so you can see what is happening as you adjust things. A simple, cheap, handheld mirror means I can adjust it to my liking without walking back and forth and guessing, asking my wife to help, etc.
DK Jr. - 818,900 (KS)
DK Jr. best first life - 714,700 (19-4)
APB - 215,074
Member for 9 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer