Author Topic: Elevator Stage, how do you get from safe spot to safe spot?  (Read 28668 times)

Offline _Zaphod_

• Prime Сasual Dating True Females
    • Awards
Re: Elevator Stage, how do you get from safe spot to safe spot?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 02:30:44 pm »
Well, looks like we have a fault in MAME.

DK uses uninitialized ram to seed with.  Therefore, mame should simulate this by randomly twiddling the bits stored in it before booting the machine, and storing these random bits in the playback file, so playback still works.  Wonder why they didn't think of that?

This also suggests that until this is fixed, the MAME category and the real board category should remain separate.

Pacman indeed has zero randomness, and thus a playback to real hardware would sync. 

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 09:28:39 am »
I've been having this same problem, came to the board for advice and here it is  ;D I seem to be dying more on the 1>2 transition than the 2>end lately. I was more or less using the YOLO technique but always did the creep over to the left thing once I got up the ladder. I figured there must be an ideal spring to do the transition. Will try this later. Thanks!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:52:19 pm by Shnypz »
Member for 9 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 11:09:15 am »
I've been having this same problem, came to the board for advice and here it is  ;D I seem to be dying more on the 1>2 transition than the 2>end lately. I was more or less using the YOLO technique but always did the creep over to the left thing once I got up the ladder. I figured there must be an ideal string to do the transition. Will try this later. Thanks!

Update: Since using the "go on the short spring" technique, I haven't died on the 1>2 transition since. Works like a charm.

lakeman421

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 11:37:16 am »
I've been having this same problem, came to the board for advice and here it is  ;D I seem to be dying more on the 1>2 transition than the 2>end lately. I was more or less using the YOLO technique but always did the creep over to the left thing once I got up the ladder. I figured there must be an ideal string to do the transition. Will try this later. Thanks!

Update: Since using the "go on the short spring" technique, I haven't died on the 1>2 transition since. Works like a charm.
Waiting to go on a short spring is the safest way to go.  Also you can watch what the next spring will be and if its a long spring that's even safer.

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 11:42:35 am »

Waiting to go on a short spring is the safest way to go.  Also you can watch what the next spring will be and if its a long spring that's even safer.

Awesome, thx