Author Topic: Mitch's Gaming Goals  (Read 138655 times)

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Mitch's Gaming Goals
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2017, 07:40:25 pm »
Hey Mitch,

So I'm ready to make some Burger Time attempts and finally pay off my long outstanding debt to you.  I'll stream all of my attempts -- if you really want to watch someone play this pile -- just let me know what time is best.
Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2017, 12:40:58 am »
Hey Mitch,

So I'm ready to make some Burger Time attempts and finally pay off my long outstanding debt to you.  I'll stream all of my attempts -- if you really want to watch someone play this pile -- just let me know what time is best.

Woohoo!  <Allen>

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday at almost any time works well for me to watch if you give me a heads up. However, you don't have to wait around for me to stream. If I recall correctly, the bet was just for you to get 1M+. As soon as you get that you're free to immediately shut her down and consider your end of the deal completed ;D . Just save the highlight and I can at least watch that.  <popcorn>
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: May 21, 2017, 05:08:21 pm »
I'll aim for this Thursday, around 7PM my time (Pacific).

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2017, 11:01:18 am »
 <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn> <popcorn> FailFish
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2017, 09:12:08 pm »
I dids it.  Debt repaid with 173% interest.  And never again.  Thanks for your patience, sir Mitch.

My patterns really broke down around board 6 of the second loop, and it was a bloodbath.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147232650

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2017, 11:25:14 pm »
 Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

Imma gonna watcha dis righta now! Lovit! Congrats!!!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: June 05, 2017, 03:46:06 pm »
Went to Derek Sorrells' 2nd annual CAG party in Wichita this past weekend. I also stopped by the Up Down in Kansas City on the way there and the one in Des Moines on the way back home. While in KC I upped my hammer throw best on T&F to 99.43 (I also got several 99.00 throws as well while in Des Moines). While at Derek's I got hooked on 10 Yard Fight. I eventually ended up with a score of 74,680. While in Des Moines I set a couple of their arcade's records. One of them was a 309,000 attempt of the one-man variation of T&F (I died on hurdles).

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2017, 10:12:41 pm »
Been playing so Hyper Sports. Very fun game. I'm getting all the events down well except for really the trampoline/flips event. Just can't seem to get 9.40+ consistently, so I almost always die on the third loop of the events. So frustrating. Gonna update my PBs on the main post when I have time.

Edit: As best as I can remember, these are my current bests... I'll have to double-check and confirm them:

Swimming: 47.75s (no-breathing trick), 55.04 (with breathing)
Skeet: 12200 points
Flips: 9.40/10
Lifting: 195lb x 2=390lbs
Triple Jump: 16.84m
Pole Vault: 8.90m
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:38:00 am by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: September 29, 2017, 08:14:46 pm »
Up Down just got two Cruis'n World sit-down cabs. Gonna start collecting times for that one now.

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #249 on: September 29, 2017, 10:14:33 pm »
One of the things that helps get a better score on the Gymnastics vault is first having a fair vault. Any vault after a foul will score lower. Any fair vault will do, even the 3k bonus vault. Its similar to trying to get a long throw on T&F  javelin.  Any throw after a foul is lower. Any after a fair throw is longer. Even after the 1k bonus.

Hec
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2017, 11:55:58 am »
Over the next two days I will be participating in the national Killer Queen (a 5v5 arcade game that is kinda a mix of Joust and Mario Bros) tournament hosted at Up Down bar and arcade where I work. I believe there is something like 52 teams and about 300 people that have traveled from all around the country to compete in the tournament. My team's name is 10,000 Scrapes and I expect we'll be kinda a middle-of-the-road team since we put ourselves together only a few weeks ago, but it promises to be a fun time. I'm not sure if/where everything will be streamed yet, but if it is I'm sure it'll pop up on twitch if you search for "Killer Queen". Here's some info on the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1916324101960405/

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2018, 10:08:27 pm »
We recently got Joust and Q*bert at Up Down, so I'm getting back into those games.

On my 6th coin drop (since like 2013 when Rusty Quarter closed down, I believe) I was able to get just over 1M on Joust this evening all-the-while I was talking and explaining elements of the game to those watching. Next time I'll focus more.

I may also go for a Q*bert mini-marathon one of these days, since I'd be able to play for about 13 hours straight with the hours Up Down is open.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2018, 10:08:38 pm »
It has come to my attention that someone improved the best submitted time on the LA Freeway track of Cruis'n USA to 01:48.45 back in 2015. Still almost 2 seconds slower than my best time, but I just wanted to make a note for historical purposes in my blog.

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: February 02, 2018, 04:02:36 am »
Hey Mitch,

Doesn't look like you ever broke the seal on 1943 but feel free to reach out if you need any tips.

Brendan
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: November 03, 2018, 02:14:39 am »
Jason Wade was in town for a concert and he swung by my work (Up Down Bar and Arcade) tonight and killscreened DK on his first coin drop! I had the opportunity, as he got close to the end, to walk around the bar and let people know that "there's a Donkey Kong killscreen coming up if anyone is interested!" I also did my first ever announcement on our bar-wide PA system to congratulate him on his achievement. A couple dozen people gathered in close (that's all there was room for, as the bar was packed) to witness the KS up close, and several of them were pretty stoked about being able to witness it! Kongrats, Jason!

Here are some pictures I snagged (might take several comments to fit them all in):
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 12:12:27 am by marinomitch13 »