Author Topic: My Classic Video Game Hall of Fame 2024  (Read 7763 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: My Classic Video Game Hall of Fame 2024
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2024, 07:28:10 pm »
Add me griley, dont make me post my resume.
I am going to take this seriously
Don't worry, I did a quick search of your scores.  I looked at Twin Galaxies, and Battle of The Arcades.

Scores that stood out to me.
You're a former Dig Dug World Champion.  This is your crown jewel.  It's an amazing score.  Having said that, it's one great score.  There's a lot of gamers with one great score.
Your Robotron 663,400 scores is really, really, really good.  Like top level good

Scores that are very good scores
Mappy 415,120 is a very good score
I think your Track & Field score of 80,920 is also a very good score

Scores that are good scores.
Your Frogger score of 40,600 is a good score
Your Zaxxon score of 101,450 is a good score
Your Galaga score of 196,180 is a good score

I looked at your placing.  You got 7th place, but the field was only 24 people who qualified.  Still, it's a top 10 placing

Overall, I think your two great scores are very respectable. Especially the Dig Dug score.

Having said that, you are not quite there as a player.  I feel there's are people who have a better a more extensive resume.  Dig Dug is a great game, and is competitive, but it's not competitive like Donkey Kong. 

But, there's the other thing.  You being an organizer.  That's something that you are much higher on the list for.  Your Battle of the Arcades has left a large footprint in the history of Arcade gaming.  Arcade gaming would be more boring without this.  I have tremendous respect for that.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Matt

• Matt Gibbs DK_1981
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2024, 09:35:23 pm »
Makes me realize how unaccomplished I am in the CAG world, seeing all of the folks above with WR's.
I put in my coin and it didn't do anything!!!!
Member for 5 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2024, 09:42:53 pm »
Makes me realize how unaccomplished I am in the CAG world, seeing all of the folks above with WR's.
A lot of people above have spent thousands of hours on these games. I'm not even in my own Hall of Fame and I've put thousands of hours into this. Maybe as much as 4,000 hours. Maybe more.
If you're willing to put in the time, you can do some really cool things

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline kalel

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2024, 09:51:41 pm »
George , you are so off on this one ,in regards to Ken It's laughable . First let's start with the one score comment . . You have several guys on your list that only had one or two good scores. Those scores have been shown to be avg  now. Yes you can say they were pioneers . Like you could say Jesse Owens was track and field pioneer . Doesn't mean there haven't been 500 guys since that are all faster and jump further. Which makes them better !  To me what Ken and Donald did back and forth on DigDug and pushing it to a near impossible score . IMO should have been the subject of a movie . Not billy and Steve . Ken also has streamed live 100 million plus Robotron . Only reason he didn't beat Gomez to 100 million is he took time to deal with Mappy and the switches and recordings etc after I broke the Mappy WR . And as far as his finishes at bota . I guarantee you each one he could of finished a few individual spots higher if he wasn't dealing with a score inputs . Internet and  computer issues . Making sure machines were running great and all the responsibilities as host . And as  organizer of the Tournament. ( With very few thank you's  by the way ) anyone who has been to the Kencade and watched him play knows if he put in the time to practice he's a world class gamer . ( Former #1 on descent ) 
 As far as what he has done for the CAG community he is a HOF and that is not up for debate. And really  him being  in as a player should have very little debate. Watch him play Robotron on level ten settings and tell me he doesn't have the eye hand coordination to be good to great on any game. Sometimes it's not all about accomplishments it's about what you see with your eyes . Barry Sanders never won anything and isn't even top 3 in yards anymore . But any one with two eyes knows he's the greatest.
  Now if you need more accomplishments I'm sure I can come up with many more. I know Ken Has plenty of scores on games that have never been turned in. Cause he's like me. What's the point if it's not a Wr or at least close and on a dedicated cabinet ( I mean no offense on that last part just our beliefs )
 Shit you haven't put me in. And I think what I did in a short period of time  was pretty impressive and again anyone whose watched me play knows how good I am. But I don't need your approval anyway I know if I was still gaming there's a shit ton more records I could beat if I wanted to.
  Ok , I'm just rambling now sorry. You just pushed my buttons. Lol
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 10:36:23 pm by kalel »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Matt

• Matt Gibbs DK_1981
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2024, 10:02:49 pm »
A lot of people above have spent thousands of hours on these games. I'm not even in my own Hall of Fame and I've put thousands of hours into this. Maybe as much as 4,000 hours. Maybe more.
If you're willing to put in the time, you can do some really cool things

That's encouraging. I've put many hours into other things, just gotta focus on achieving my goals in the CAG world.

Offline Simpsons99

• Brian *The Big Bird Hater * Allen
    • Simpsons99 Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2024, 10:29:08 pm »
Red UFO looks like you're 2nd now 68k is still a good score looks like the person that beaten my score did not follow the Special rules set for that game.
The special rules state "Version to use Mame 139 or later", and "that person" used WolfMAME version 230. Not sure why you always try to knock down the achievements of others dude, but it ain't a good look.

If you're going to toot your own horn about how good you are, don't get salty about being in 2nd place, get better.
sorry i miss read it.. Great scrore
Donkey Kong 880,500 Kill Screen
Donkey Kong Junior 1,073,800 Kill screen
Donkey Kong 3  1,596,000
Crazy Kong 566,600  Kill screen.

You Tube: Simpsons99 Gaming
Discord: Simpsons99 Gaming
Member for 10 Years DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Simpsons99

• Simpsons99 Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2024, 10:40:00 pm »
George , you are so off on this one ,in regards to Ken It's laughable . First let's start with the one score comment . . You have several guys on your list that only had one or two good scores. Those scores have been shown to be avg  now. Yes you can say they were pioneers . Like you could say Jesse Owens was track and field pioneer . Doesn't mean there haven't been 500 guys since that are all faster and jump further. Which makes them better !  To me what Ken and Donald did back and forth on DigDug and pushing it to a near impossible score . IMO should have been the subject of a movie . Not billy and Steve . Ken also has streamed live 100 million plus Robotron . Only reason he didn't beat Gomez to 100 million is he took time to deal with Mappy and the switches and recordings etc after I broke the Mappy WR . And as far as his finishes at bota . I guarantee you each one he could of finished a few individual spots higher if he wasn't dealing with a score inputs . Internet and  computer issues . Making sure machines were running great and all the responsibilities as host . And as  organizer of the Tournament. ( With very few thank you's  by the way ) anyone who has been to the Kencade and watched him play knows if he put in the time to practice he's a world class gamer . ( Former #1 on descent ) 
 As far as what he has done for the CAG community he is a HOF and that is not up for debate. And really  him being  in as a player should have very little debate. Watch him play Robotron on level ten settings and tell me he doesn't have the eye hand coordination to be good to great on any game. Sometimes it's not all about accomplishments it's about what you see with your eyes . Barry Sanders never won anything and isn't even top 3 in yards anymore . But any one with two eyes knows he's the greatest.
  Now if you need more accomplishments I'm sure I can come up with many more. I know Ken Has plenty of scores on games that have never been turned in. Cause he's like me. What's the point if it's not a Wr or at least close and on a dedicated cabinet ( I mean no offense on that last part just our beliefs )
 Shit you haven't put me in. And I think what I did in a short period of time  was pretty impressive and again anyone whose watched me play knows how good I am. But I don't need your approval anyway I know if I was still gaming there's a shit ton more records I could beat if I wanted to.
  Ok , I'm just rambling now sorry. You just pushed my buttons. Lol
I agree Me and Ken have not had the greatest past.. What he has done for Classic gaming around here should stand for it's self.  Ken is a Machine and he knows his stuff.  Thank you for everything Ken
Donkey Kong 3  1,596,000

Member for 10 Years DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2024, 12:19:50 am »
Add me griley, dont make me post my resume.
I am going to take this seriously
Don't worry, I did a quick search of your scores.  I looked at Twin Galaxies, and Battle of The Arcades.

Scores that stood out to me.
You're a former Dig Dug World Champion.  This is your crown jewel.  It's an amazing score.  Having said that, it's one great score.  There's a lot of gamers with one great score.
Your Robotron 663,400 scores is really, really, really good.  Like top level good

Scores that are very good scores
Mappy 415,120 is a very good score
I think your Track & Field score of 80,920 is also a very good score

Scores that are good scores.
Your Frogger score of 40,600 is a good score
Your Zaxxon score of 101,450 is a good score
Your Galaga score of 196,180 is a good score

I looked at your placing.  You got 7th place, but the field was only 24 people who qualified.  Still, it's a top 10 placing

Overall, I think your two great scores are very respectable. Especially the Dig Dug score.

Having said that, you are not quite there as a player.  I feel there's are people who have a better a more extensive resume.  Dig Dug is a great game, and is competitive, but it's not competitive like Donkey Kong. 

But, there's the other thing.  You being an organizer.  That's something that you are much higher on the list for.  Your Battle of the Arcades has left a large footprint in the history of Arcade gaming.  Arcade gaming would be more boring without this.  I have tremendous respect for that.

FailFish

Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2024, 12:36:23 am »
I'll say this. If I combined your achievements with your game playing and organizing, you'd already be in. So would Richie though

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Matt

• Matt Gibbs DK_1981
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2024, 01:59:22 am »
Had some thoughts,

There are some, obviously, who have not had any world record in their accomplishments, yet are inducted. Shigeru Miyamoto comes to mind. But is there anyone who has accomplished great strides, but always fell short of any records? For example, Charles Barclay of the National Basketball Assoc. is regarded as the best player to never win a championship. I know Bill Carlton was subject of a doucumentary and never took first in the field of Missile Command, the game focused on in the film.

Also, if the HOF was like the Rock 'N Roll HOF, would people be inducted just for the novelty of them already being famous and being remotely attached to the subject? Seemingly The Jackson Five along with Michael Jackson, Madonna, The N.W.A, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G, and others were never "Rock 'N Rollers." This leads into the question; should Marshall Mathers, AKA Eminem, be inducted since he is already a world famous musician, and once posted a score onto his social media of 465,800 in Donkey Kong? There are many active DK gamers on streams and YouTube, who's PB is far lower. Notice I said active, not acclaimed. This would draw similar controversy to what the RNR HOF experienced, considering as there are already people who are angry that they have not been added, and it would fan the flames of their frustration.

Am I wrong for voting in the newly announced voter-polled inductee in favor of Marshall Mathers?? <gasp>
 <stirpot>

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2024, 02:27:30 am »
What Matt is talking about is I'm going to open up a slot of the Hall of Fame for the Community to decide starting in November.
As far as Marshall Matters goes, I wouldn't put him in as a player or organizer.

The only realistic slot that's not completely absurd would be in the category of promoter.  Not player or organizer, or programmer, but promoter

And that would be for the following
1. Mentioning that he's "good" at Donkey Kong in a rap song
2. Getting two Donkey Kong machines autographed by Steve Wiebe and mentioning it in an interview
3. Rapping a song in front of a Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr machine
4. Taking a picture of his Donkey Kong score and sharing it on the Internet.

So, if Marshall Matters/Eminem was for some reason the top choice, I'd put him in as promoter.  Everything else would be absurd

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2024, 02:43:13 am »
Take me out and pit Mike in. And let Ken fight with Richie for his spot. ROFL

Fly
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2024, 05:12:44 am »
Take me out and pit Mike in. And let Ken fight with Richie for his spot. ROFL

Fly

Richie is fully qualified with a solid resume of CAG and none CAG HOF level accomplishments.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Simpsons99

• Simpsons99 Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2024, 12:50:00 pm »
Red UFO looks like you're 2nd now 68k is still a good score looks like the person that beaten my score did not follow the Special rules set for that game.
The special rules state "Version to use Mame 139 or later", and "that person" used WolfMAME version 230. Not sure why you always try to knock down the achievements of others dude, but it ain't a good look.

If you're going to toot your own horn about how good you are, don't get salty about being in 2nd place, get better.

I find this quite disrespectful  I hed the World Record on this game 9 plus years .  Player beats my score out of the blue and tells me to get better.    Defend the Terra Attack on the Red UFO
(redufo)   simpsons99 (@)   09 Feb 15
04:02:50   68,220 (edit)
Donkey Kong 3  1,596,000

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2024, 01:00:11 pm »

I know how you feel

I used to be a pretty serious tennis player once upon a time. I have compared my participation in these arcade game forums to being on some tennis forum where some of the other posters are John McEnroe, Jimmy Connors, and Pete Sampras.  <confused>

It is what it is.

Member for 10 Years