Author Topic: The Ninglendo Power Hotline  (Read 9727 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: The Ninglendo Power Hotline
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 02:24:04 pm »
Glen, where do you find a list of the top 20 times? 
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 04:18:00 pm »
www.deertier.com will have all the top times on all the different categories. The community kind of takes care of itself kind of like what the DK community does  :)
Member for 11 Years Blogger

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 07:04:08 pm »
Looking forward to this!  Please go, sir.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 09:39:39 pm »
www.deertier.com will have all the top times on all the different categories. The community kind of takes care of itself kind of like what the DK community does  :)
Thanks for that Glen.  I'm a numbers guy, and it's always cool to get a hold of new stats.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 05:00:33 am »
I drop in when I'm around and see the stream up to definitely check it out.  I've never played it before so it's like zero to 60 mph for me but I dig it, looks like a great game.  GL sir.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 09:47:13 am »
So since my last post I have shaved my PB down to 1:46:03. I am able to do stuff now that I wasn't able to do since my last post thanks mostly to that game saver. I can do the Kraid Quick Kill (charge beam method), red tower climb (powerbomb method), and a variety of little stuff including machballs in certain rooms. So now that I can do the red tower climb I am officially doing the fastest known route for 100% which is skipping the Ice Beam on the way to Phantoon. This actually can shave off almost 2 minutes in a run which is huge. I would say at this time I can do most of the important strats I just have to work on consistency. I think soon I will be to the point of being able to do all the strats in practice and from there it is just being able to pull it all off in a run. One thing I really need to work on is my damage boosting and Phantoon X-Factors. I think collectively those two strats could shave off a couple of minutes from my current PB. I am also considering changing my controller layout late into the game. I will see though after a couple of practice attempts. One last thing... Yesterday I pulled off the Alcatraz Escape for my first time  Kreygasm http://www.twitch.tv/ninglendo/c/5508566
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:52:44 am by Ninglendo »

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 08:40:18 pm »
Been working on speedrunning DuckTales when I'm not playing Super Metroid. So far my PB is 8:32 and I am hoping someday I will cut that down to a sub 8 minutes. Anyways, here is my PB run so far.
http://www.twitch.tv/ninglendo/c/5521013