Author Topic: The Ninglendo Power Hotline  (Read 9728 times)

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
The Ninglendo Power Hotline
« on: August 14, 2014, 10:39:28 am »
Decided I would start a player blog on here and keep everyone updated with what I am playing/doing. I recently decided that I was going to get back into playing DK and go for that KS. I played it around a year ago for roughly about a week and a half. I ended up getting 301,100 then I stopped to play other games. I picked it back up last Friday and within a couple days passed my PB with 358,600. I am feeling that I am making good progress and it always helps having great people there to help you out when you have questions. Although, I feel that learning DK now days is much easier because of the massive amount of information and videos out there. My next goal is to reach 500k before the next DKO. That way I will stand a good shot at beating "The Allens"  <Allen>

I have also decided to pick up Zoo Keeper while I am grinding out DK games. My progress is going much slower with that one than DK. I have managed to get a 1mil and a 2mil jump so far, but I am still learning the fundamentals and controls. So far my PB is 2.4 million and I hope to reach at least 10 before I put it down for a while. I have been having a ton of fun with ZK... well that is when it doesn't cheat  <Sanders>

Friday nights I am also co-hosting Settle It On The Screen with my good friend Michael Sroka on TGL. This Friday our mate Stephen Wagner will be on to kick the shit outta EA and give us n00bs some tips. I can't wait because EA is a game that I love and played as a kid. I have never really been good at it, so it is going to be awesome to see someone destroy it. That will do it for my blog for now. I will try to update this as much as possible in the future. Hopefully, someday I will add some of my juicy NES strategies on here as well.  Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years Blogger

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: The Ninglendo Power Hotline
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 10:50:41 am »
love it! get em Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 10:51:16 am »
Lit.

Looking forward to reading the DK/ZK updates and checking out dem NES stratz as well.   Kreygasm
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

lakeman421

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 10:54:37 am »
Get this guy a badge!

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 12:45:15 pm »
 Kreygasm lit!!!!
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 05:17:57 pm »
Great stuff Glen LIT!
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 06:23:30 pm »
Awesome, Glen. I missed watching you stream. I'm liking the facecam too. Good luck on your DK and ZK goals!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 10:00:40 am »
Last night we did our 2nd Settle It On The Screen show for TGL.... I have to say I feel that the show turned out pretty good this time. Unlike the disaster we had for our first show. We covered topics from score submission guidelines to SEGA's 25th B-Day. Now that was a funny topic for me since I hate SEGA and Mike put me on the spot to pick my favorite SEGA game. I actually drew a blank on that one and eventually picked Shining Force. One of the few of games I enjoy on that system. Stephen Wagner was a great guest and showed us all his mad skills on Elevator Action. So a big thank you to him as well. I did play some DK yesterday as well and got 306,200. Hopefully I can play some more tonight after work and cycle in some ZK as well.

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 07:44:54 pm »
You got a link to those shows budday?  <Allen>
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 07:49:53 pm »
Sroka is working on putting them up on YouTube and for download on ITunes.  Should be available in a couple of days. :)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 09:33:36 pm »
Love it.  Had a lot of fun on the show yesterday.   Looking forward to catching the future broadcasts for sure.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 12:54:16 pm »
In case you guys missed the show.... here is the link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_uq5-wOuO8

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 07:28:00 am »
Oh yer love it. 

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 12:36:08 pm »
Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting here as of late. Between work and moving into a new house things have been kind of hectic. Although, I am still finding time to play some games. As of right now Super Metroid has taken over all my free time it seems. I decided to do a 100% completion/best ending run at first because at the time I had never gotten all 100 items or the best ending. In order to achieve the best ending the player must beat the game in under 3 hours I do believe. My first 100% playthrough was roughly a little over 2 and 1/2 hours. Since then due to some serious practice and a wonderful speed running community that is more than willing to help out I have shaved off almost 50 minutes from my first playthrough. My PB is now 1:48 and some change and I have a feeling that I will be able to greatly improve that soon. I have been working on a ton of new strats and maneuvers that should shave off at least 10 more minutes if executed properly. I have also went ahead and ordered a game saver for my SNES so I will be able to practice using save states with actual hardware. I have a feeling that in order to be a top tier player eventually this is a must. My ultimate goal is to at least be in the top 20 in this title which is going to take some serious work due to the fact that this game is ultra competitive. Currently in order to get into the top 20 I must achieve a time quicker than 1:28:07 which is 20 minutes faster than my current PB. There is so much to learn and so much work to do in order to achieve that, but I am willing to put forth the effort. This game is so deep that Sweetnumb and Oats put together a 8 hour tutorial and that was just for an any% run which the current route is 24 outta 100 items you collect.

Things I need to improve:

First and foremost is wall jumping. I have gotten pretty decent at it, but nowhere near where I want to be. I need to work mostly on doing wall jumps for an extended period of time. I get to around 5 in a row and usually will miss the 6th. This is doing wall jumps as quick as possible too.

Second.... Machballs.... There is only one room that forces you to do this technique when speed running, but there is also a ton of rooms that you can optimize by doing this as well. I have gotten it down slightly... Meaning I can do it where it needs to be done in that one room consistently but am 50/50 on the other rooms. I don't believe this skill is as important as wall jumping because there is no major uses for it besides that one room.

Third is short charging and super short charging. I can do pretty well as of now without this technique, but if I am planning on getting a sub 1:30 eventually I WILL have to be able to pull this off. I believe it will shave minutes off of my current run since I am having to take time to set up my shinesparks. Also, it will help beating Draygon as quickly as possible and be able to get the "blue suit" at the end which will allow me to pretty much skip a tedious room afterwards.

Fourth is being able to pull off the Kraid Quick Kill and be able to pull off X-Factors for the Phantoon fight. Today I nailed my first Kraid Quick Kill, but I for sure need to practice this one a lot. Probably even more than that I am going to have to practice the Phantoon fight over and over hundreds of times so I get the patterns and timing down. This single boss fight and the rooms afterwards are probably the most annoying and dangerous part in the game.

So I am excited and eager to see what I can eventually do on this game. I have been trying to stream a run almost everyday so you can check that out at www.twitch.tv/ninglendo I usually stream around 11am CT and around 10PM CT. Next goal is sub 1:45 then I will have to drastically alter my play style and routes. Looking forward to it  Kreygasm

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 01:51:37 pm »
Oh, Nice! Super Metroid is one of the games other than DK I follow a lot of channels of on Twitch. I'll try to start swinging by your stream more often then.  :)
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer