Author Topic: I want Jeff at Romhacks to make D2K JR  (Read 31822 times)

Offline DKJR

• Awards
I want Jeff at Romhacks to make D2K JR
« on: June 29, 2014, 12:37:16 pm »
I would love to see this braze kit made just like DK got. I'm guessing this would never happen but. I want to drum up some support.
DKJR pb 721k & 621k (KS) DK pb 357k
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
Re: I want Jeff at Romhacks to make D2K JR
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:43:20 pm »
I would play the hell out of that!  :D

Pretty confident that Jeff K. isn't into Junior though. And I feel like D2K was a "lightning in a bottle" type thing that came together due to a confluence of special circumstances.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 02:23:27 am »
That would be very cool to see an arcade sequel like D2K for Junior, but yeah it's highly unlikely to happen. If it did, for the traditional screens they could fix what was "broken", meaning finding a way to make point-pressing more interesting. The original DK was fortunate to have this aspect of the game accidentally more entertaining since the designers of both games were not aware of the killscreen bug by the time of both game's release. So, probably for the Jungle screen, an element needs to be added to force you to finish the screen, like the fireballs do on DK. Either do that also for the Hideout, or making the timer faster would help a lot. As far as adding new screens would go, a good place to start would be to add an arcade version of the prototypical "5th screen" that was playable via the Colecovision Adam. I think it's a well designed level... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9CqzBNxJ3k
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 12:28:53 pm »
I would pay $100+ bucks for that kit hands down

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 11:07:12 am »
Oh yeah I would too, for sure. I bet a few members here would pick it up, as would some at KLOV.
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 08:11:16 am »
I posted this on KLOV this am hoping to drum up support does anyone know if there someone on the DKF that maybe able to get this off the ground. Just a pipe dream but hey that's the American way

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 09:36:12 am »
I would buy one
 Kreygasm
 <Tim>
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 09:50:22 am »
Yes sir, i'd be all over one of these also!  Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 11:04:46 am »
Maybe we would be better off finally doing something like this in-house, especially if a few of us are willing to throw some $$$ around <Tim>.  I'd like to think some members here would be interested in taking on various parts of the job to get a coherent "something" done, at the end it would just be a matter of figuring out how to cheaply and effectively "port" it over to the dkjr hardware
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 11:37:33 am »
I'm willing to PayPal somebody that can program game data and put this together and I'll throw in my ideas. Worst case I'm out some money and time. Reguardless it's worth a shot to put time into a hobby I love.

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 11:59:22 am »
Maybe we would be better off finally doing something like this in-house, especially if a few of us are willing to throw some $$$ around <Tim>.  I'd like to think some members here would be interested in taking on various parts of the job to get a coherent "something" done, at the end it would just be a matter of figuring out how to cheaply and effectively "port" it over to the dkjr hardware

Game Producer with past QA experience over here. I'm down to help in any way possible.
Member for 9 Years Blogger

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 12:17:52 pm »
Once I get home in front of pc I'll write down my ideas for levels and maybe contacting Jeff at rom hacks see if he's intrested or knows anyone

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 01:50:34 pm »
I guess Jeffs been out of the game since 09'. As for ideas seems like KLOV enjoys derailing threads and being negitive. Not all members I know simpson99 is on both im not sure of his real name but Ive has nothing but positive interactions with him.
As for level thoughts the big gripe I hear from some DK players is that the large difference is there's nothing to push you threw the levels like the fireballs. I havr killscreened jr. And it's true you can sit in the hideout once you mastered the pattern. We know that the sprite color yellow is used in the bananas I think of you would have a extra "roaming" yellow snap jaw on the vines it would make pressing the vines more challenging. Also you can change the orientation of the vines. As for nitpicker level. I'd like to see two springs maybe one at original spot then another level with another spring that leads to the nitpick pattern area. I'd like to see that extra lvl marky d posted should be in there. Leave the chains like D2K left the rivets alone. Then for hideout maybe one more orange spark in middle level I don't want it impossible but let me know what you think of changes

Offline DKJR

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 05:29:18 am »

Game Producer with past QA experience over here. I'm down to help in any way possible.

Not being that tech savvy in the program world QA? Who else would we need I know that Clay C. Did that Pauline hack in 2013 maybe. If anyone knows him maybe he's a source to reach out as well. If anyone has contacts in that business or additional ideas that wud be awesome
TR

Offline jumpman

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 10:44:45 am »
I did get an email from Jeff yesterday. He said he has had multiple requests to make
A D2KJR multi game since he released D2K, however he doesn't have the time to devote to a project like this now. Who knows maybe it could still happen some day.
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer