Author Topic: Internet Gaming Bash of the Year  (Read 39517 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Internet Gaming Bash of the Year
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2014, 05:56:34 am »
2 quick questions

1) I think you mentioned screenshots are allowed?  Which is good because it brings me to my 2nd question

2) I prefer to use dedicated arcade machines where possible so can we do that in addition to MAME?

In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2014, 07:31:25 am »
The only problem with this selection process is that Mitch will nominate Burgertime and Barra will vote it up Kappa

How did I know this would be brought up?!  ;D No worries, though, as I will not be partaking in this event, as well as I do want DKF to do well, so there will be no sabotaging being done by me.  :)
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Josephjo

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2014, 08:17:03 am »
2 quick questions

1) I think you mentioned screenshots are allowed?  Which is good because it brings me to my 2nd question

2) I prefer to use dedicated arcade machines where possible so can we do that in addition to MAME?

Wolfman who's organising this may want to confirm but he did say "yes" over the weekend to both 1) and 2)

Good luck in finding a Speed coin cab ;)
" Its not how you play the game but who you have backing up the bullshit."

From The Book Of Sczerby 2:18
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2014, 08:47:02 am »
Sounds good Ross. I personally wasn't concerned about spies but didn't want to start posting game suggestions if others felt strongly.

+1 for Tut, I'm getting close to beating level 3 but worst case I can put up a score in the mid 40k range.

If we are considering old console games, I can easily play through Contra NES multiple times w/o using a continue. Last time I played, I stopped at 3 million/4th play-through out of boredom. I'm planning to go for the max score at some point.

I'm "ok" at the popular usual suspects (Zoo keeper, galaga, the pac games...etc) but I'm sure there are others much better. I'm cool with whatever the group decides.  <pacman> <blinky>
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger

Online Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2014, 09:14:02 am »
I'm looking to join team DKF.....
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2014, 10:58:49 am »
Hi people,i'm on your team for this tournamet

Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2014, 02:27:00 pm »
I'll throw my name in the hat to be part of Team DKF as well.  I love RU and would be happy to play for them instead, but given the number of players on each team right now, it probably makes more sense to join Team DKF to keep the names more balanced.

I'm probably not going to have that much time to play though, so I'm not expecting great scores.

-George
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline d3scride

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2014, 02:28:33 pm »
I'm not sure how much I'll be able to contribute, but team DKF all the way baby Kreygasm
PBs:

DK: 702,100 at 1,040,000 pace
1-1: 11,800
1-2: 22,700
No Hammer: 562,800
Lvl 2: 50,400
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2014, 05:36:57 pm »
I can't make it for this tournament!  Sorry!  I might have family plans or am busy!  :-(.

Please can someone clarify if there are cash prizes or mystery bounties for this and how to claim them? Just so we are all on the same page and there are no misunderstandings...

Or is this just for "fun"?
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2014, 06:26:46 pm »
just for fun no prizes
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2014, 09:59:13 pm »
just for fun no prizes

Fun is good enough for me!  Kreygasm
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2014, 05:06:29 am »
Contest revisions:

Due to heavier than anticipated interest and numerous players bringing up many concerns, the following is a list of changes for this contest. While we appreciate that some players may or may not agree to everything here, we think these changes will make for a better overall tournament that the majority of players will enjoy. Due to the date at hand, there will be no further changes to this contest.

1. - Selected games will be played for the entire five week period

2. - Each team will choose four games – send your game selections to Wolf no later than June 30th. Wolf will inform all sites of game selections upon receipt of selections. Should duplicate game selections be received, the team with the highest number of registered players will yield to the team with the smaller number of players. The smaller team will select another game. Wolf will advise of all details once final list of games have been posted. Once games are selected and posted by Wolf, players not already registered on a site are no longer eligible to play. Existing site members may join (eliminates ringers). Games will be played with default dip switches

3. - Auto fire is not allowed

4. - Adjudication – we all know or know of each other generally speaking so there should be no need for this. Players are encouraged to save their INPs for all game play. Disputes (if any) will be handled on a case by case basis and reviewed by all sites.

5. - Submissions: players should submit their scores via this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1r42iti-MjMky5tPygMVihY7isdUouyxUT3XHof1yB_I/viewform?edit_requested=true – as we want to maintain as live a scoreboard as possible, please submit early and often. Please do not hold on to score submissions.

6. - All games must be completed and submissions received no later than 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on August 5th. Any scores submitted after this time will not be valid. Again, submit early and often.

Looking forward to an awesome tournament!

scoreboard
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nJ-KNPx9vkNL1jGBrGhp-iJZrOydLTT-Rxk9SLiDfA0/edit?pli=1#gid=1760611698

Any questions, write vgwolfman@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 05:16:29 am by wolfman24 »
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2014, 07:27:36 am »
Thanks for organizing this, Wolf.

Just to be clear with the acceptable methods of gameplay:

-Arcade with streaming
-WolfMAME with INP save
-RU website
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2014, 01:33:39 pm »
Yeah not sure if Steve can stream on a cab is that a requirement?

Also are we talking 20 games now to play in one month? Wow that is a lot of titles :)

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline Monstabonza

• Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2014, 01:39:38 pm »
20 games is a lot but once we start splitting the workload around I reckon maby 4-5 each and we should be good,
Depending on games this should be enough to do some damage on the scoreboard
Dk PB 391800
Dk jr PB 42000
CK 481400 lvl 19-1
CK On CC 567100 KS

Twitch =
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer