Author Topic: Internet Gaming Bash of the Year  (Read 39483 times)

Offline todayisforgotten

• Awards
Re: Internet Gaming Bash of the Year
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2014, 08:57:47 pm »
Congratulations to Team DKF.  You guys have some great players while being consistent.  Team RU thanks you for pretending like we had a late run in the makings.  You all quickly squashed that pipe-dream.  Thank you for your participation in this tourney.  A big thank you goes out to all of you who played in the tourney.  Hopefully, most, if not all of you hit personal milestones and/or goals and maybe a new online buddy or two.  We hope you all had some sort of enjoyment engaging in our competition and if we decide to more forward with a second season - that you all come back.  In the spirit of "what ifs", expect some changes that should make for a more interesting second season.

Thank you again.

Chris
Member for 9 Years

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2014, 07:06:31 am »
Great stuff Chris (TIF). You put up some awesome scores. It was a great competition and a lot of fun! Even if I did have a lot of rage sometimes it was great. Everyone did great on all the teams and I hope it continues!
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2014, 07:49:15 am »
Thank you for your participation in this tourney.  A big thank you goes out to all of you who played in the tourney.

TIF, I think we all owe you a big thanks (and max and wolf, of course) for handling the scoreboard and other logistical stuff. You're a hell of a player and it was great fun watching you and the other heavyweights from all the teams crush these games.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2014, 07:51:26 am »

TIF, I think we all owe you a big thanks (and max and wolf, of course) for handling the scoreboard and other logistical stuff. You're a hell of a player and it was great fun watching you and the other heavyweights from all the teams crush these games.

^
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2014, 08:05:44 am »
I had a great time and appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this.  I would definitely continue to represent team DKF for a second season.  Well done, everyone!
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2014, 08:15:16 am »
It was an amazing tourney and I really appreciate the time and work that went into this. I had a blast and got to meet some great people from the other teams. Congrats to all the players and a huge thanks once again!!!
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2014, 08:32:51 am »
I had a great time. Played some fun games I never heard of. Only one of my scores held up but I guess that's to be expected playing on a team of CAG hunks.

Big thanks to the organizers...you guys rocked it. Can't wait until next year.
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2014, 11:34:51 am »
As one who didn't have time to even participate in the tournament, I thank you for all the work organizing this. You guys did a great job and it was such a fun event to watch.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline todayisforgotten

• Awards
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2014, 12:56:09 pm »
@danman123456 thank you, dan.  I am a big baby when I game. I know that feeling.

@xelnia @pwnasaurus really appreciate that. Indeed it was fun to watch everyone pushing others to a given threshold.

We had some issues early with the scoreboard. It was very overwhelming and disheartening to see it crumble but persistence was key to negate the bad start.

Happy to hear many enjoyed the comp.
Member for 9 Years