Author Topic: Dk_madness Gaming Goals  (Read 28162 times)

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Dk_madness Gaming Goals
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2016, 05:49:40 am »
It's been a while since my last post. A lot going on right now but slowing getting back into the groove.

So I've been on a shopping spree lately trying to pick up a few boards that I like. Found some success so far with Road Fighter. Still looking for a Time Pilot and a Scramble board. They seem to pop up more frequently so no problem there. Pepper 2 is still going to be a problem though. Good news is that I'll be able to pick up a DK here in the next couple months which means I'll also have to get into the Remx hype!! Can't wait for that. So that's the update on stuff I want and plan on getting hopefully sometime soon.

Been playing a lot of my favorites lately. I finally beat the Road Fighter arcade WR by almost 300k. Had such a great run with amazing RNG. I'll be continuing to push this even higher shooting for 2 million+. Mr. Jammyyyy is helping me out on the Intrepid front by building me a new adaptor for my other Intrepid board. When that is complete I will be going full force to crush that record as well.

So lots of stuff to get done this year and it will be a challenge with the new expanded family. I would love to squeeze in another Kicker marathon in this year. Guess I'll just have to wait and see 😀

intel next time cobbas.....
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2016, 09:09:13 am »
yes yes! get themmmm

jammyyy <3
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2017, 09:49:39 am »
Whtda???

Looks like it's been a few since I last posted here. A lot of additions to my pcb collection. Ended up adding Mercs, Contra, Silk Worm, Super Rider, Pac-Man, Rally-X, Strikers 1945, Jail Break, and Bosconian!!! I've been putting my Scramble cab to good use lol.

I've been spending a lot of time learning how to do general repairs for pcbs. Slowly building up tooling and supplies to keep on hand for common issues. Also I have gotten pretty good at building my own adapters now since I have only one machine to test on. I am on the lookout for a cab with a horizontal monitor. I was looking at using the JROK rotating monitor setup but decided to not screw with the cab.

Well it's a new year and now that I am officially settled in the new home, I can get back to what I love, gaming. Goals haven't changed too much. Still looking to break 1M on DK and that is what I'll start with this year. Just got to sit down and put some time in. Yolympics starting up soon so I'll be in there full force.

There are a few titles I really want to improve on this year. Those would be Moon Patrol, Elevator Action, Galaga, Space Firebird, and Bosconian.

That looks to be all I have for now.

Intel next time........
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Dk_madness Gaming Goals
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2018, 09:30:13 am »
Well, finally managed to complete one of my long term goals.... that 1 million on DK. It has been a rough drought of 6 years!! I was really surprised that it came relatively quick after I started playing again. Just after a few months of knocking off the rust. I had one other close game that ended around 960K due to nerves and stupid mistakes.

Whats next??? I'll be slowly learning how to achieve that 1.1 million. I imagine it will be quite a while but I'm going to keep at it since I'm feeling pretty motivated right now.

On other gaming fronts..... I will definitely be practicing some DK3 (yes DK3) for that trifecta badge. I would also like to put up at least a 1.1 on DK jr. arcade as well. Been playing a ton of console stuff and I have been really enjoying it. The everdrives make it so nice and inexpensive to actually have all these games. I've been really concentrating on the Turbo Graphix 16/PC Engine. Its a great system and I don't see a whole lot of people streaming it. It needs much love (Wags)

Going to purchase a Sega Genesis everdrive and start working on a Phantasy Star RPGs marathon.

And there is always some Intrepid fun to be had as well lol.

That's about it for this years goals...so let's do this.........

Untel next time....

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2018, 10:55:15 am »
I've been really concentrating on the Turbo Graphix 16/PC Engine. Its a great system and I don't see a whole lot of people streaming it. It needs much love (Wags)

Going to purchase a Sega Genesis everdrive and start working on a Phantasy Star RPGs marathon.

We love all the same games!  <3

I will definitely be practicing some DK3

Well......almost  Kappa
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2018, 08:21:16 am »
Trying to keep this blog from completely drying up  Kappa

Been pretty quite from the gaming side of things for a while now but now I will have some free time to start my trek for the 1.1 million DK. I’ve put in a few games and haven’t done too awful. I’ll need a lot of improvement for the barrel boards (mainly transitions) and well.... everything else as well. The last few games I have been hitting 55K to almost 58K per level which is a huge improvement so far.

I’ll definitely be stream more and more but eventually I’ll need to upgrade to a better PC as mine is about to take a shit.

Anyway, I have been working on my 3rd cab so I will hopefully have that up and running so I can play some of my other horizontal pcbs like Rush N Attack, Jail Break, Silk Worm and maybe some Pepper 2 Kreygasm

That’s it for now.... intel next time

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2019, 08:15:02 am »
Time for an update I reckon,

Nothing new unfortunately. I’ve been taking some time off after my big win at AKO3 Kappa.

Starting DK masters run now...... should be up and streaming more.

Offline Flobeamer1922

• Elite Member
    • My YouTube channel
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2019, 01:46:46 pm »
Which will make use of a Mr. Video, I reckon. Kreygasm
PBs:
Donkey Kong - 1,032,100 (22-1)
Donkey Kong Junior - 79,400 (4-2)
Donkey Kong 3 - 344,200 (Stage 22)
Crazy Kong Part II - 645,400 (22-4)

I occasionally stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/flobeamer1922
Member for 6 Years DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2019, 04:16:49 pm »
Starting DK masters run now...... should be up and streaming more.

goooooooo
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2019, 08:54:37 am »
DK Masters is in full effect Kreygasm

Finally found some time to really get into this. Rank D is now complete and that was the easy part. I really put in some time with DK3 hard and finally got the Million. So frustrating but so satisfying to complete. I’m really liking DK3 and will keep grinding for a while. I’ll jump back to easy mode and tackle the RBS soon. If I can get there, I’ll refine my play and shoot for BBB.

Rank C inc.....Next on the list is Junior. I’ll be studying some new strats and when I get back into town next week start grinding for the 1.1 which shouldn’t be a problem. I feel like this might take a bit of time though. CK will follow and I see no issue with that requirement.

Well that wraps it up for now.

Intel next time.......