Author Topic: Kong Off Row  (Read 6604 times)

giv

Kong Off Row
« on: February 13, 2013, 01:41:09 pm »
Thought this belongs here - Kong Off Row song and youtube photoshop slideshow:

Donkey Kong Off Row

You know, I've been thinking about it, and I really don't appreciate Brian Allen questioning my place in the DK community. I made this ode to honor the "1st and 2nd generation" of DK contenders, and some of the other gaming luminaries in the current incarnation of the arcade community. What have you done for the arcade community, Brian? You bring nothing but eye-rolls and strife. You are tolerated, because there are very nice people in this community. I am not as nice, and will tell you how it is. Especially now that you've gotten my attention.

Now, I know that you are always on the stream chats, Brian, and I haven't had a chance to spend the time virtually hanging out with everyone recently (although I'd like to),  so I don't see everything, but I would bet that what goes on when I'm not around is the same as when I am: you being a pain in the ass most of the time.

I actually play DK. Haven't had a phase where I've focused on it yet, but I will at some point. I've got the basics down, had to practice it for the first battle of the arcades. But it shouldn't matter, anyway. What should matter is that I'm interested in a feeling of inclusiveness in the community, and you, Brian, are an obstacle that people must overcome if they want to be a part of things.

I hope you take my words to heart, Brian, and think about what effect your attitude has on the community.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:43:32 pm by giv »

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Kong Off Row
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:15:48 pm »
Talk about prematurely shooting your load.  This forum is relatively new, and Brian really hasn't done much in this forum as of yet to get anyone riled up.  You could have saved your spiel when Brian actually did something to rile people up.  Now you throw an unprovoked attack on this forum because of stuff that has nothing to do with this forum.

Now ironically the person who is causing the most drama so far on this forum is you because you initiated a thread specifically complaining about Brian.  There is a time, and a place for everything, and this definitely is not the time nor the place.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

giv

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:50:45 pm »
No George, this started when Brian attacked me and said my posts and I don't belong on the DK forum. Maybe you missed it.

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:01:44 pm »
George Leutz you'll always be an honorary member of the the DK community with this tune and your respectful pressence at KO1 and KO2. Good luck tomorrow.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:49:18 pm »
No George, this started when Brian attacked me and said my posts and I don't belong on the DK forum. Maybe you missed it.

Yeah, I get that, but I think you should respond to him in the proper setting.   If he criticizes you on Facebook call him out on Facebook.  If he criticizes you on the Twitch chat room call him out on Twitch.  Like the Las Vegas  saying "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."  What happens on CAG should stay on CAG.  What happens on Facebook should stay on Facebook.   So far this forum has not had any major drama with no threads locked.  Don't rock the boat by getting the first thread locked here.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 09:19:04 pm »
For the record, George Riley:
https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=65.0

Guys, I think this is no big deal. It's just Brian being Brian!

I personally think that Brian Allen adds *ahem* "color" to things.

After all, would Allen's streams be as funny as they are if there were no Brian?

Probably best, in any case, not to take Brian's quirks personally.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

giv

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 09:38:34 pm »
George, you say you get it, but I'm doing exactly what you said I should do. Besides Brian trolling the Bert-off thread, he also came on to a thread I started and told me I shouldn't be here on the DK forum.

That thread is gone now, but in it I gave Brian a chance to back off or suffer the consequences, and he chose to go to war with me. He had fair warning.

And thanks, Dave!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:01:09 pm by giv »

Simpsons99

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 10:34:35 pm »
First of all i would like to thank George and Chris for there nice remarks about me .

As most people don'nt know i had taken Allen under my wing from the very start.    I was one of his First Facebook friends ..   I remember him saying to me i should'nt add these guys i really don'nt know them...  I said to Allen do you really know me?  Allen would be as known if he did'nt put him self out there.

All the Brian Allen songs,  Swearing my name,   All the FB Stuff.

I try to help the lesser known Players becouse noticed..

Maybe this is another reason why i should'nt come to the Kong Off 3
As for George L.

Like i said before I'm not affaid of anyone . I've learned to be very strong and not let people get to me anymore .    I have a lady friend i work with  she asked me the other day ...  Brian you o.k.?

I told her i have alot going on in my mind at the moment..   Couple mins later she brought me something and said  Love you Brian.

George I feel 99 percent of your messages here have been Negtive in 1 form or an other.

I was actly messing with you on FB .   Your not a big Fish.... you can be eaten at anytime.

You should be getting ready for your Q-BERT Off thing...   BTW GOOOO   ED! 

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 02:41:10 am »
George, you say you get it, but I'm doing exactly what you said I should do. Besides Brian trolling the Bert-off thread, he also came on to a thread I started and told me I shouldn't be here on the DK forum.

That thread is gone now, but in it I gave Brian a chance to back off or suffer the consequences, and he chose to go to war with me. He had fair warning.

And thanks, Dave!

I did not see that post in that thread or simply forgot I saw that post.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

giv

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 08:46:48 am »
Brian, you try to help lesser known gamers become noticed, and Allen Staal is your example? Allen Staal has no trouble getting himself noticed without any help from you. But I guess that was all you could come up with in answer to my question "What have you done for the arcade community, Brian Allen?" Other than be the albatross around it's neck.

You know, between this and the team you're going to start... You are giving me great photoshop ideas.

Simpsons99

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 09:14:05 am »

And thanks, Dave!

I did not see that post in that thread or simply forgot I saw that post.

He was bashing  DKJR You did'nt miss anything new. 

All he is doing bring Negtive stuff to the site.

BTW I have done alot for others here..   Someone needs to get  a clue!

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 09:59:24 am »
OK guys, how about taking this to PM's or Facebook?
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Simpsons99

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 11:51:30 am »
OK guys, how about taking this to PM's or Facebook?

Sorry JC

I did'nt start this