Author Topic: shnypz tracker  (Read 8980 times)

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
Re: shnypz tracker
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 09:40:20 pm »
haha...i like that rule.  8)
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 08:05:33 am »
DK cab repairs are done.  Kreygasm Unfortunately, I can't pick it up until Monday FailFish

The repair guy said the video board didn't immediately need the cap kit. Some v-hold adjustments helped the problem for the most part.   He said it would have eventually needed a re-cap so it was good to get out of the way. With the amount I play the thing, I'm happy it's done. The audio board needed caps badly tho. No more buzzy machine while streaming.

Can't wait to get this thing home, do the t-molding and get ready for DKO#3  8)

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 11:26:37 am »
Got DK back. Works great. Added fresh t-molding and coin decals. Can't wait to play this thing later. I missed it big time.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 11:37:39 am »
Excellent!  Looks great!   Kreygasm
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 12:40:11 pm »
Great timing just before the open!
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Have a score on every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 04:42:59 am »
Noticed one new minor problem last night  :(

Overall everything seems better audio and video wise except on the rivet and pie levels, the right side of the screen moves slightly when Kong stomps his feet. Seems to get more drastic if there's a lot of fireballs on the screen. I tried adjusting a few things like v-hold and the easy to reach pots but nothing helped. Might be something voltage related now that the sound board is in better working order.

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 07:52:11 am »
Quick Update:

After a week of monitor setting tweaks, I've more or less eliminated the weird waviness on the rivet/pie levels. Adjusting the picture up a bit seemed to do the trick. It still happens a little on occasion but it's not as bad as it was. Ultimately, I think something on the board might be going wrong. For now, I'm happy with how it's playing.

On the gameplay front, I've been playing some of my best Kong lately. The tourney really helped. Topped my PB twice during the tourney. Currently at 239,200. I'm so tempted to submit it just to bump myself up the all-time list but I'm gonna hold off until I break 250k. Hoping to hit that by the end of the week/weekend.

Thanks to Ethan, Allen and others who have hopped on my stream with words of encouragement  :) I know I'm not the most exciting player to watch but I appreciated it. I <3 this place  :-*

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 12:03:35 pm »
I'm in a serious DK rut at the moment. Since setting a new PB with a 317k game, I haven't gotten over 200k since. Typical game is a solid 95k start then everything goes down the tubes during L=5/6. As such, I've stopped streaming as not to waste anyone's time with bullshit 150-175k shit games.

I still play at least 2-3 games a day but it's been a shitty couple of weeks. I hope typing this out will help shake the bad DK vibes. The fireballs/foxes on the rivet and pie levels have been a big part of the problem. Not sure what I did to piss them off. On the upside, my wife and kids are going to be gone during the first week of Aug. I'm planning a week long grind session to get back on track (if I'm not back on track by then).

On other news, the IGBY has been a blast. I'm having lots of fun playing these random games. Looking to go deep with Magic Sword, Bank Panic and 19xx in the next few weeks.