Other Lists > Steve's List Forum

Top 5 Favorite Console Games

(1/5) > >>

TheSunshineFund:
Any console.  Not necessarily the critically acclaimed, but your personal favorites.

Disclaimer:  The only 'modern' type console I own now is the Wii and I mostly use it for other things than gaming.  The previous most recent console I owned was a PS2 so you won't see many modern console games in my list though I'm sure a lot of them are  Kreygasm

Also I stayed away from arcade translations, Street Fighter 2, etc.  Although you could argue both sports games I list are arcade translations I suppose.  But I digress...

1.  Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64):  I think this is the most enjoyable console gaming experience I have had

2.  Baseball Stars - NES:  I remember creating a team (without the powered up cheat) and changing all their names to the current Cardinals roster and trying to win money to buy attribute increases.  So many days spent playing against the Lovely Ladies.

3.  Phantasy Star - SMS:  I could never find the last enemy so I wrote to Sega and they sent me a 20 page typed book of where all the items were.  LOL those were the days.  I remember getting this game on a whim since it was $70 and I figured for that price it had to be  Kreygasm .  It was.  That damn the last enemy was a "take 3 steps, face a wall, use a spell" type of thing.  Take 3 steps and face a wall?  GTFO.

4.  Resident Evil 4 - Wii:  I bought this because of the high ratings it got when I was looking for cheap Wii games (I had never played any in the series previously) and was blown away.  Really impactful gaming experience, well thought out and executed.

5.  Tecmo Bowl - NES:  Can't leave this out, still play tournaments with my friends to this day.  A game with only 4 total plays that stands the test of time is incredible.  Bo Jackson hype.

Honorable Mentions:

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - Wii:  I think this game should be used in classrooms, great way for kids to develop critical thinking skills, puzzle solving, out of the box ideas.  Wonderful game.

Super Mario Bros 3 - NES:  Lots O' playthroughs with friends growing up.  All time classic.

Y's Book I & II - TG-16 CD:  Outstanding soundtrack, graphics and play for its time.

Goldeneye - N64:  One of the only FPS I ever really got into, mostly because I'm a big Bond fan but one of the few movie spinoff games that worked.

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - PS2:   The only DQ game I've played and I got hooked on it big time.  I'm a sucker for good turn based RPG's and believe it or not I've never played any of the FF series.  Sorry Phil and Jry.  Maybe this year!

Drunkguy89:
Great list  Kreygasm

TheSunshineFund:
I gotta remember to do a least favorite list as well.  That actually might be more fun.  Shit game!

hchien:
1- Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

2- Gran Turismo 1 or 3, can't decide (PS1/2)

3- Time Crisis (PS1)

4- Legend of Zelda (SNES)

5- Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)

honorable mention:

Metroid Prime (Wii)

DiggingInNY:

--- Quote from: pwnasaurus on April 15, 2014, 06:51:58 am ---Y's Book I & II - TG-16 CD:  Outstanding soundtrack, graphics and play for its time.

--- End quote ---
One of my all time favorites. The TG-16/CD is one of the most underrated systems of all time. Here is my top 5, in no particualr order. I base this on games that I can play and beat over and over again.

1. Ys Book I & II - Turbo Grafx CD - One of my favorite soundtracks in a video game. This was the first CD based game I ever played and who can beat the combat system which involved bumping into enemies.

2. Lunar Silver Star Story Complete/Lunar Eternal Blue - PlayStation - I'm counting the Lunar series as one. I love the storyline and characters and the animated cut scenes were top notch.

3. Legend of Zelda - NES - It's one of those games that is permanently embedded in my brain. I can go 10 years without playing it and I can still remember where everything is.

4. Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Playstation - No explanation needed

5. Alundra - PlayStation - This is a cult classic game that plays similarly to Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening, but with a much darker tone. A lot of puzzle solving is involved in navigating through the dungeons, some of them are very challening.

Honorable mentions go to: Dracula X Rondo of Blood (PC Engine/TG Super CD), Suikoden (PlayStation), Final Fantasy IV (SNES), Dungeon Explorer II (Turbo Grafx Super CD), DuckTales (NES), and the Bonk series (Turbo Grafx 16).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version