Author Topic: Arm Wrestling a super hard Nintendo game!  (Read 3136 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Arm Wrestling a super hard Nintendo game!
« on: March 29, 2014, 11:37:14 am »
I actually played this game once as a kid, and now I have played it many times on MAME.  The game is hard.  I mean super hard.  Someone is listed with a high score of 781k.  I don't know how on earth he pulled that off.  I got to 250k with no rematches, and that was a minor miracle.

I have been reading up on this, and apparently I guess there is only 20 rounds in the game.  No one but this one guy has ever reached the ending.

I wonder what the ending looks like?  My guess is you would need save states along with invincibility in order to reach it.  I can't get past round 7 with rematches or no rematches.  That's the second masked x who happens to be bald bull.

In fact I don't think anyone besides that one guy has passed round 10 in this game. 

I definitely think in regards to killscreens or end of games in regards to Nintendo Arcade games this is one under rated killscreen/end of game.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Arm Wrestling a super hard Nintendo game!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 09:48:17 pm »
Is this a button masher? Would be interesting to see someone like Hector give it a shot.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer