Author Topic: Got a Crazy Kong Set 1 MAME Killscreen of 567,400!  (Read 7347 times)

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Got a Crazy Kong Set 1 MAME Killscreen of 567,400!
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:08:26 pm »
Drove to the library a 2nd time just to make this announcement! 8)  Can't actually post the game because I don't think you upload files on a library computer.  In a couple of months when I get the real Internet again I'll post it to MARP.  Still super happy about this.  Surprised I did it so quickly.  Did it on my 22nd attempt with less than 6 hours of gameplay.  My previous best was 310k.

Why this is surprising for me is because I have played Donkey Kong over 2500 times with over 610 hours of gameplay, and still haven't pulled it off.   So yeah, Crazy Kong was definitely nicer to me than Donkey Kong.

Also this score comes off on the heels of me getting 281,040 on Moon Patrol yesterday.  Probably my first really decent non Donkey Kong related MAME score. 

Definitely in a good mood after doing that. :)

P.S.  2 of my deaths were on the pie factory, and one was on the rivets.  I had a great run with my second man after I died on level 3-2 I went all the way to level 15-4.  My second man definitely was the difference maker.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:10:59 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Got a Crazy Kong Set 1 MAME Killscreen of 567,400!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 05:42:55 pm »
Love it!  Congrats George.  Now you have to install MAME at the library and be the first to kill screen on a public computer  Kreygasm
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 07:27:49 pm »
Nice! Welcome to the Crazy Kong club!  BibleThump
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline John73

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 04:32:11 am »
Congratulations.   This is likely the only of the "Kong" games I'll ever KS.  I really must get back into it at some stage.  I think my KS score was 566k without looking, so I'll need to get back into it so that I can say that I can beat you  ;D 

There was talk of a Crazy Kong Off, is that still going to happen?  I'd love to play in that.  I'm sure there are plenty of DK people who are accomplished players who haven't KS'ed CK yet, and while different, it really is a fun variation of the original. 

Deaths on the PF stages are completely and 100% avoidable - I can't recall if I died on one of them during my KS, but if I did it was more to do with impatience more than anything.   Really the rivets are your only danger on this game.
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:11:47 am »
Congratulations.   This is likely the only of the "Kong" games I'll ever KS.  I really must get back into it at some stage.  I think my KS score was 566k without looking, so I'll need to get back into it so that I can say that I can beat you  ;D 

There was talk of a Crazy Kong Off, is that still going to happen?  I'd love to play in that.  I'm sure there are plenty of DK people who are accomplished players who haven't KS'ed CK yet, and while different, it really is a fun variation of the original. 

Deaths on the PF stages are completely and 100% avoidable - I can't recall if I died on one of them during my KS, but if I did it was more to do with impatience more than anything.   Really the rivets are your only danger on this game.

OK, this may explain why I was able to have a higher score than normal just running the boards.  I had a devil may care attitude about the pie factory, and went up and jumped.  Because of that I didn't lose any valuable bonus time.  Yeah, I was probably very lucky this game since I only died once with this method.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 07:31:22 pm »
Nice work! Glad you were able to get a new badge, because maybe I take your Junior Mame badge from you one day.  Kappa