Author Topic: Donkey Kong Wildcard Tournament Rematch #2  (Read 64906 times)

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Donkey Kong Wildcard Tournament Rematch #2
« on: February 10, 2013, 04:45:23 pm »
Donkey Kong Wildcard Tournament Rematch #2

This is the second installment of the Donkey Kong Wildcard Tournament Rematch, brought to you by Eric Tessler and John Salter.

Date: March 16, 2013
Time: 12:00 AM-11:59 PM pacific time (24 hours)
Entry Fee: FREE!

Prizes
- $250 for the 1st place submitted validated score
- $100 for the 2nd place submitted validated score
- $50 for the 3rd place submitted validated score

Bounties
- $100 for the first person to break 1 million points (Daniel Desjardins is paying this bounty...thanks Daniel !!!)
- $50 for the first person to beat Ross Benziger’s DK wildcard rematch #1 score of 976,000
- $50 for the first person to reach a kill screen
- $50 for the person who gets the highest score on the first barrel board screen (1-1), w/o dying (on first man)
- $50 for the person where their last jump man lasts the longest in terms of number of boards

The current rankings for the contest will be posted on the Donkey Kong Forum (http://www.donkeykongforum.net/). The rankings will be updated periodically throughout the duration of the contest.

IMPORTANT: The rules for the contest are laid out below. Please read through all of the rules carefully. Due to the anticipated large number of score submissions, John and Eric have the right to immediately reject any score submission if these rules are not followed as outlined below. ***NO EXCEPTIONS***

Registration
- Any contestant may register for this contest as long as they are not officially ranked among the top 12 DK players in the world as governed by the DK scoreboard at Twin Galaxies. This rule applies at all times up until the start time of the contest. If a registered contestant becomes officially ranked in the top 12 prior to the start time of the contest, they will be unregistered from the contest and will not be allowed to participate.
- All contestants will be required to register in order to compete in this Donkey Kong competition.   In order to register, simply email  the following information to dkwildcardrematch@gmail.com :
   * full name
   * twitch stream URL
   * Please  specify “WildCard Rematch Entry” in the subject line of the email
- All registrations must be received prior to the start time of the competition.

Stream Setup
- All contestants are required to stream their games on twitch.tv. (NO EXEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON).
- Contestants are solely responsible for setting up their stream.  Eric Tessler and John Salter will not be involved in any contestant’s stream setup for any reason.
- Contestants may enlist the help of anyone except Eric Tessler and John Salter to setup their stream.
- Contestant’s stream quality must be sharp enough to read the level and score at a glance (as well as the rest of the game play).  If there is ANY question of score and level due to bad quality stream, that submission will be rejected, instantly, with no exceptions. We suggest that you test your streams and check them from time to time to make sure they are working correctly.
- Streams which are partial, glitchy, edited or manipulated in any way will be rejected.
- Streams must be available for review on the contestants registered twitch.tv channel.  If for ANY reason the stream is not available for review on the contestant’s registered twitch.tv channel, the submission will be rejected.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

Game Submissions
- Contestant is solely responsible for submitting their own scores.
- DK arcade or DK MAME (US set 1) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives and a bonus life at 7000 points).
- Score submissions can be for any non-zero score.
- At the start of EACH new stream, contestant must state their full name (you no longer have to state your name before every single game).
- The entire game must be played only by the registered contestant who is identified at the beginning of the game.
- Scores can only be submitted via email to dkwildcardrematch@gmail.com.
- Score submissions must contain “Score Submission” in the subject line.  The body of the email MUST contain:
   * First and last name
   * Bounty being claimed (and please include calculations as needed by the bounty, such as “I completed 42 boards on my first jump man”)
   * Final game score
   * What time the stream was recorded
   * URL to actual stream recording on twitch.tv
- Bounties
   * Contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they want to claim when they submit a score.
   * A contestant can only be paid for a maximum of 1 bounty for any one contest.
   * If a submitted game qualifies for more than 1 bounty, the contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they are claiming and they can only claim a single bounty (and the refs will consider only the specified bounty for the score submission). For example, if I have a game where I am the first to a million points and a kill screen, I claim the million point bounty and the kill screen bounty remains open for other contestants to claim.
   * If a contestant tries to claim a bounty however is not awarded that bounty for some reason (i.e., they were incorrect about the bounty or another contestant's score submission invalidates their bounty claim), the contestant may try to claim another bounty on one of their next score submissions.
   * Bounties are considered in the order in which the score submissions are received.
   * Please remember that the bounty system was introduced for fun and to spread around some extra money to the contestants. Any disputes over the bounties will be settled accordingly by Eric/John.
- If any player is at Eric's or John’s house on the day of the contest, they may use our DK arcade machine for the tournament and we will act as a referee (as such, they do not need to submit their score via email, but the game will still be broadcasted on twitch.tv for everyone to see).
- Eric and John will be validating all scores and reserve the right to reject any score for any reason.
- Games started before the official contest start time (no matter how close to the official contest start time) will not be eligible.
- Games started after the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time) will not be eligible.
- Last game can be started any time before the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time).
- Scores can be submitted up until 4 hours past the official contest end time.

Prize Payouts
- Prize money will be issued in the exact amount stated, ONLY to the registered contestant.
- Prize money will be sent via PayPal or sent via U.S. post in the form of a registered money order, or check ONLY to the registered contestant.
- If the contestant rejects the prize acceptance guidelines, listed above, or chooses not to accept the prize, that money will be added to the next contest purse.

Clarifications
- Kill screen: In order to qualify for a kill screen on 22-1, we must be able to see the jump man death that is caused by the kill screen itself (dying any other way will not count).

Closing Remarks
- Please remember, at the end of the day, this is for fun and to keep the community together.  Anyone who does not follow the rules, cheats, etc, will be removed from the contest, and possibly banded from all future contests.
- These guidelines can be changed at any time because Eric and John are in charge and are on a total power trip.
- Get practicing and good luck to all contestants  8)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:54:54 pm by tessler1134 »
Eric Tessler

DK personal best arcade: 966,000 (kill screen, 133 minutes)
DK arcade, KO 2: 900,500 (kill screen, 113 minutes)
DK arcade no hammer: 369,000
Crazy Kong arcade kill screen: 562,000
DK 3 arcade: hard: 1,111,600; easy: 1,640,000
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Wildcard Tournament Rematch #2
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 04:56:39 pm »
Eric, I think you should compete this time around.

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 05:03:22 pm »
Can I participate if I play with my feet? Pretty please  :'(?
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline d3scride

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 05:05:09 pm »
This is awesome! I was bummed I couldn't participate in the last one, even though I was at the KO2 I just didn't bother signing up the for the wild card portion of the event. Can't wait to play some DK with you guys.
PBs:

DK: 702,100 at 1,040,000 pace
1-1: 11,800
1-2: 22,700
No Hammer: 562,800
Lvl 2: 50,400
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 05:09:03 pm »
I will compete just to see where I rank :) Good luck to everyone!!!

Eric Tessler

DK personal best arcade: 966,000 (kill screen, 133 minutes)
DK arcade, KO 2: 900,500 (kill screen, 113 minutes)
DK arcade no hammer: 369,000
Crazy Kong arcade kill screen: 562,000
DK 3 arcade: hard: 1,111,600; easy: 1,640,000
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 05:11:17 pm »
Awesome Eric! Looking forward to doing it again!

I added it to the forum calender and linked your post to it.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 05:13:02 pm »
Any contestant may register for this contest as long as they do not have an officially validated Twin Galaxy score of 1,000,000 points or higher on Donkey Kong.

This is obviously the best rule to have (like that, every player that never scored more than 1m can participate, which is cool!). Does it mean that Estel Goffinet can participate? He only has 999,800! haha.
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 05:26:40 pm »
Nice!  I could compete under these rules too. :) But, I won't be getting back into DK seriously until April.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline craighiphopfish

• Gleaming the cube!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 05:39:13 pm »
Awesome, can't wait.  I need to get around to streaming my own games sooner than later.
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

JohnTheLawnMan

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 06:04:20 pm »
WOOOO HOOOO

I've REALLY been looking forward to this!

I am sooooo curious to see how many people participate and what kind scores are submitted.

I think everyone was blown away at the level of competition from the first event.  Freakin' Allen Staal killed his PB,  Ross put on a final hour clinic and Robbie put up multiple consistent high scores.

We may have bit off more than we can chew this time, but who cares.  We'll do what it takes to make this a great event.

And your damn straight Eric is playing this time around!

Only two things left to say:  Yer Buddy!

lakeman421

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 06:38:52 pm »
Glad we could do this again!  Unfortunately it is unlikely I will be able to make it to Eric's again to participate, but I will be streaming with my high quality computer monitor setup.  Yer buddy!

Online Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 06:44:04 pm »
I look forward to wildcard match. Should be a lot of fun
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline dd0ck

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 06:50:12 pm »
I'm thinking we're gonna see some monster scores on this rematch.  Let's see a million!
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 07:05:04 pm »
I don'nt get why we would need to say our names before starting each game.  It's our stream from our puters .   It will be recorded on our puter using inps if using mame.

I can see this if more then 1 person is playing from the same machine or stream.

JohnTheLawnMan

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 07:32:23 pm »
I don't get why you have to constently whine and complain about things that other people work their butts off to setup for you.

If you don't like the rules don't compete.