Author Topic: Battle of the Arcades Games Poll  (Read 13257 times)

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Battle of the Arcades Games Poll
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 11:36:58 am »
Don't go looking for answers Agent Von, you might not like what you find....

Uh,... huh?

If anyone can decipher Steve's post for me, I'd be much obliged.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 02:30:05 pm »
Wht da, I've been playing Rally X on xbox and I love it. Why all the hate?
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline BBH

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 12:33:21 am »
FUCK MAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

edit: well ok I understand now there's some bad blood because of this topic, and I'm certainly grateful for this yearly competition, because it is always a fun event even when we have to play games we don't like.

I just think Ross should be cut some slack because Mappy is so terrible it's completely understandable wanting to find a means to vent about its terrible-ness. So uhhh, yeah.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:42:44 am by BBH »
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline SanTe

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 07:27:11 am »
FUCK MAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

edit: well ok I understand now there's some bad blood because of this topic, and I'm certainly grateful for this yearly competition, because it is always a fun event even when we have to play games we don't like.

I just think Ross should be cut some slack because Mappy is so terrible it's completely understandable wanting to find a means to vent about its terrible-ness. So uhhh, yeah.

What's weird is there is an annual CrapMAME tourney in which the participants seem to revel in playing the worst of the worst and have a lot of fun with it.  I've played far, far worse than Mappy.  I have little interest in playing Rally-X, Gravitar, and Zaxxon, but I don't get the hostility.  Unless it's frustration that every game of Mappy you play seems to be the same and you're not seeing improvement in your play?...
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 08:41:19 am »
In related news... I got a new PB on Elevator Action last night and plan to make it to the 4th building for the first time tonight.

Leave the talk about what sucks and how bad the world is to BEA and  <Pigger>

<thefinger>

Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 10:55:05 am »
FUCK MAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

What's weird is there is an annual CrapMAME tourney in which the participants seem to revel in playing the worst of the worst and have a lot of fun with it.  I've played far, far worse than Mappy.  I have little interest in playing Rally-X, Gravitar, and Zaxxon, but I don't get the hostility.  Unless it's frustration that every game of Mappy you play seems to be the same and you're not seeing improvement in your play?...
I've always seen complaining about the games in tournaments as a pretty much time honored tradition.  I've never seen a tournament where folks didn't complain; and tastes vary widely.  I've always seen the CrapMAME tournament as at least in part an ironic play on those sentiments. 

I think there's a difference between outright and genuine hostility that extends to the organizers that picked the games, and venting frustrations in ways that are at least semi-joking.  I've seen both, and while it can be a fine line, I do think there is a distinction and I generally don't see a problem with the later.

That said, personally I really like this years BOTA line-up and wish everyone the best of luck!

-George
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:17:18 am by gstrain »
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer