Author Topic: Ironman Stewart's Super Off Road  (Read 3265 times)

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
Ironman Stewart's Super Off Road
« on: February 13, 2014, 01:01:41 pm »

I realise some people may consider this a little too late (1989) to be a 'classic', but...

I went to a 'Retro' computing event in Barcelona, Spain, recently and this was the only actual original cabinet game they had there amidst all the 60-in-1 LCD thingies...

...and what fun!

Particularly when eccentric strangers come up beside you (  <Roy>  <Tim>  <Kuh> ) and start playing. Smashing stuff.

To the questions...

1. Is there any tangible benefit to buying anything in the shop in a particular order? I've tried going for Top Speed (or Tyres, Shocks, etc.) first but can't really see any advantage...

2. Can the prizes that appear on the track (money and nitros) be manipulated? (I'm under the impression that if I don't spend any cash after round 1  tons of moneybags start appearing in round 2, for instance - but that be the beer or the jazz cigarettes talking.)

Cheers!
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline johnmcallister

• Awards
Re: Ironman Stewart's Super Off Road
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 03:21:44 pm »
Those are some good questions but I don't think that you will ever get an answer.
I think that the pop up prizes are completely random, but if you get a second or third
one of the same type it will be worth 1x, 2x, 3x.....

As for an order on purchasing stuff, really doesn't matter I'd guess.  It's a quarter eater
type of game, so you get in 3-4 races and then Ivan gets to be to fast and will almost
always win. 

I love playing this game on free play till I get all the top track times.  Used to do that with
Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat too.  Both of these games are great fun with 3-5 friends playing.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Ironman Stewart's Super Off Road
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 02:18:53 am »
Trying to work out the scoring system for this game...

With the prizes Im pretty sure the location is constant, but what shows up is random. It appears it is linked to the time.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Have a score on every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer