Author Topic: Zoo Keeper  (Read 65890 times)

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Zoo Keeper
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2014, 04:04:11 pm »
Errata:

The Zoo Keeper bezel explicitly names the Rounds as "Brick Adventure", the coconut boards as "Ledge Adventure", and the escalators as "Escalator Adventure".

Also, there's a rhinoceros pictured on the Zoo Keeper CPO, so I've been wrong calling that animal a boar this whole time.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2014, 05:10:12 am »
Just noticed this post on LAGDC

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php?topic=846.msg71408;topicseen#msg71408

If John plays out every game start as he proclaims in the post, why would there be 2 1k scores in the today's table.  Is it possible that there is a certain animal combination or sequence that appears early on that allows for some sort of future prediction on a board of some consequence later on and if that does not present itself he kills off his game at 1k for some reason?   <Mruczek>
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 06:29:19 am »
Exactly at 1k. Twice, at least. Very interesting... <Mruczek>
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2014, 09:40:14 am »
I've have to say, it seems like there is some sort of conspiracy.   <Mruczek>
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline timhett

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2014, 10:36:11 am »
I read that while thread a while back, start to finish. My conclusion, not being an expert on the game, is that he is full of it. It's either a lot of luck mixed in with the skill or some sort of gimmicky exploitation of a glitch. All that talk of inputs and moods and such feels like BS or obfuscation. <stirpot>
Millipede defaults - 1,902,984
Millipede TGTS - 360,827
Hi Score List -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVdor6Be4FNA9pV-mTIT8JpZWMKjhWPsTzqkG8RASyM/edit?usp=sharing
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2014, 12:46:52 pm »
Honestly someone just crushing this guys score would be a good feeling. His posts just ooze butthead syndrome. I've never met or talked to him so I am being slightly judgmental but wow....

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2015, 04:22:02 pm »
Honestly someone just crushing this guys score would be a good feeling. His posts just ooze butthead syndrome. I've never met or talked to him so I am being slightly judgmental but wow....

Dan

It's going to take a lot more now to crush John's score.  He is laying claim to getting 155M and reaching levels in the mid 60's.  The game can possibly be marathoned from some new findings John posted about. I'm beginning to wonder if and when someone will get 200M.

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php/topic,846.1200.html

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2015, 07:13:52 pm »

It's going to take a lot more now to crush John's score.  He is laying claim to getting 155M and reaching levels in the mid 60's.

Luckily we are now in an age of publicly verified scores.  Should be a fun watch.

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2015, 04:33:22 am »

It's going to take a lot more now to crush John's score.  He is laying claim to getting 155M and reaching levels in the mid 60's.

Luckily we are now in an age of publicly verified scores.  Should be a fun watch.

Well, if you read the thread you will also see that he DIDN'T record his game.  It was a practice game that ended up being real good.  I think he recorded the last few levels and that would be cool to see but it wouldn't count in the world of TG at least.  Also, if he does this again and records the game he could still submit it to CAG and wouldn't have to show it to anyone.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2015, 04:51:36 am »
If it is true that the game plays easier later on (and especially if it cycles), maybe a more cautious, marathon-like strategy will start to be employed.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ripper

• Twitch Webpage
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2015, 04:55:52 am »
If it is true that the game plays easier later on (and especially if it cycles), maybe a more cautious, marathon-like strategy will start to be employed.

Exactly!  It very well may change the entire game.  Instead of going for the bigger jumps, THINKING your time is limited, you may be more cautious now and try to play longer.  However, didn't Dean already try to do this and it didn't quite work out for him?

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2015, 08:06:13 am »
Where's the ZK safe spot where you can setup a camera during the game?

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2015, 12:15:54 pm »

Exactly!  It very well may change the entire game.  Instead of going for the bigger jumps, THINKING your time is limited, you may be more cautious now and try to play longer.  However, didn't Dean already try to do this and it didn't quite work out for him?

Dean plays pretty safe, but he still loses several lives per game trying to force bigger jumps. I think the same is true for Ross (Ross, maybe you can pipe in here with your thoughts on how to make gameplay safer than what you've currently been using). If I recall, often times, losing a life due to trying to force a big jump causes replaying the board to be a lot harder than the first time around -therefore, often, multiple lives are lost. These sub-ideal situations could probably be prevented greatly with safer play.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2015, 04:35:52 pm »
Well, first we have to independently verify whether the speed rollover is even a real thing.  Lexmark isn't exactly a trustworthy source of information, and his claim does not line up with what is known about how the speed increments.

I've been meaning to chat with Dean about this -- as he already has savestates set up for some of the later Rounds -- but I haven't seem him online since Lexmark dropped his news.

If the speed rollover can be confirmed, then there is definitely room to discuss new strategy, but if it cannot be replicated, as I expect, then at least we can dismiss any future Lexmark claims.

<stirpot>  <popcorn>

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2015, 06:03:03 pm »
Well, first we have to independently verify whether the speed rollover is even a real thing.  Lexmark isn't exactly a trustworthy source of information, and his claim does not line up with what is known about how the speed increments.

I've been meaning to chat with Dean about this -- as he already has savestates set up for some of the later Rounds -- but I haven't seem him online since Lexmark dropped his news.

If the speed rollover can be confirmed, then there is definitely room to discuss new strategy, but if it cannot be replicated, as I expect, then at least we can dismiss any future Lexmark claims.

<stirpot>  <popcorn>
Excited to see what comes out of this... <Tim>
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer