Author Topic: Drunk Blog  (Read 3043 times)

Drunkguy89

Drunk Blog
« on: February 10, 2014, 04:22:32 pm »
Decided to start a blog to keep track of my game progress,

currently playing D2k and just reached 133,700

will be playing DK Jr after I fail miserably at D2K

I've decided to not record INP's until I hit 200k which hopefully wont take much longer than 2 weeks,  <Tim> (is not amused) ...indeed.

11/02/2014 = 133,700

16/02/2014 = 163,700

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:51:26 pm by Drunkguy89 »

Drunkguy89

Re: Drunk Blog
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 05:31:25 pm »
Managed 163,700 tonight on D2K,

I was fortunate enough to reach lvl 5-2 (Barrel stage) before dieing in a shameful fashion on a ladder with a barrel coming down on top of me.

A few things I thought were worth mentioning.

1: Initially I was having trouble passing lvl 4 springs from the left, but thanks to Jeremy's D2K Spring Strategy where he highlighted that going from the right safe zone is far easier (to the point were you can position Jump man just right of the ladder, Jump man's nose can touch the right side of the ladder without being hit by the identical Lvl 4 springs) thus making the run up the ladder far simpler in order to complete the lvl.

https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=500.0

2: Passing the barrel stages (Lvl's 2,3 and 4) without grabbing any hammers ....This is a point I think I would need clarification on and since its fairly random given the fireball behavior (deciding to go up or down) I'm sure it depends on what the game decides to throw at you.

That said, it seems I've had more luck just "gunning it" to the top of the barrels lvls without grabbing any hammers on 2,3 and 4 (the dangerous wild barrel stages)
most of the time the fireball(s) seem to drop below me as I climb leaving just one on the top girder of course you can still get unlucky and have to deal with multiple fireballs on the highest girder occasionally.

Which leads to the question,...

Is it safer to rush to the top in an attempt to beat any wild barrels and hope for good fireball co-operation or (ALWAYS) grab the bottom hammer, eliminating
the first fireball (but leaving you on the board longer) and so leading to more potential wild barrel time? again this is just for 2,3 and 4 barrel boards

any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.