Author Topic: My Donkey Kong Junior Ambitions  (Read 51098 times)

Donkey Kong Genius

Re: My Donkey Kong Junior Ambitions
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 01:50:12 pm »
Over the next week I will be creating some more videos that shows all the major variations of how I am addressing the blue chains both for lower levels and level 4+, and also to compile the springboard videos into one. Should be fun to make. I will post them here as soon as I am done.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 10:00:02 pm »
I have completed my Level 3 Blue Chain Strategy Video. Here it is...

Donkey Kong Junior: Level 3 Blue Chain Strategy

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 12:03:15 am »
Just got 14,100 points on the first jungle board. Love it!

Donkey Kong Junior: 14,100 on First Jungle Board

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 10:50:18 pm »
So I just beat my personal best with my 1.2M point attempts with a score of 1,016,200. No where to go but to 1.2M now. My last death was my fault and the others were just stupid deaths. My games are usually the only game I play that day so I usually am not warmed up. I hope to do better now.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 08:52:05 pm »

Level     1     2       3+   
  # of Birds     6     8       10   
                        Semi-Top        
                        Low        
                Semi-Low        Semi-Low        
                Top        Top        
        Low        Low        Low        
        Semi-Top        Semi-Top        Semi-Top        
        Semi-Low        Semi-Low        Semi-Low        
        Low (Tracker)        Low (Tracker)        Low (Tracker)        

This is a basic chart to the kind of bird you will get when playing the blue chains. Interestingly enough there only appears to be one bird that is not set, which is the second to last bird which is a tracker, all the rest are set in their pattern.  The time interval between bird release decreases from level 1 and maxes out on level 4. If you smash a bird, the pattern will change, and will stay that way until another bird is smashed.

Practical Usage:

1) If you are waiting to push up the last key, and you see a bird come out on the very top or semi-top (just under the top position) then the next bird will always be low so you can push it up and miss getting hit. This is assuming that no birds have been smashed or if they have you know that it is still safe.

2) If you see a Semi-Low bird which is just above the low position, then the next bird will always be on top or a tracker. So never try to push up on a semi-low bird.

3) When I am ambitious again I will show which bird combos are possible to get two fruit smashes on the initial pattern. The longer the board plays the spacing will change due to slight pauses that might occur in Mario's release of the birds.

Level 1 Double Bird Smash Possibilities:
Left Fruit:
4th into the 1st from the right
Last in the Beak

Right Fruit:
2nd into 1st from Right
4th into 3rd from Right
5th into 4th in Beak
6th into 5th in Beak

Level 2 Double Bird Smash Possibilities:
Left Fruit:
5th in the tail hang off right

Right Fruit:
3rd from Right then push all the way to the top
more to come
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:09:00 am by Donkey Kong Genius »

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 12:34:56 am »
For those who care, which may be few, here is the other timing on the potential Quad Smash on Mario's Hideout. There are only two potential timings, I posted one earlier in this thread, now this is the second one.

Donkey Kong Junior: Hideout Quad Smash Timing #2

Donkey Kong Genius

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2014, 01:00:28 am »
Very nice work here Corey, you've really stomped all over this game in such a short period and you've certainly inspired me to start playing Junior again and will attempt to try and make my way to my first kill screen in the next couple of weeks when work isn't quite so hectic. I peaked in March last year with 837,500 (19-1) and then stopped playing..... and not played since.

I like your enthusiasm man, excellent stuff!!!
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2014, 02:16:09 am »
Thanks! I look forward to that killscreen game of yours, and then your first million. A score of 837,500 at 19-1 means that you were getting some extra points along the way and not just running boards. Christer Kristensson got a score of 645K and hit the killscreen so you definitely got some more points per board. Maybe your first killscreen will be your first million. :D

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2014, 03:47:38 am »
Let's hope so! I made a mistake, it was 18-1 I wiped out on....level D, is that right? I can't remember as it's been so long. I played yesterday for the first time and managed 351k and it almost feels like I'm starting all over again after playing DK for so long it takes a while to get back into.

If I got my first KS with 1M...I'd be ecstatic with that!! and a badge would be extra cool!!   :D

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2014, 04:13:58 am »
Ha, yep it's 18-1, here's how the game ended, I thought I'd deleted this video from Youtube through sheer embarrassment  :-\ 

Donkey Kong Junior Arcade - Level 18 - The End!

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2014, 10:55:41 pm »
Sorry to see that. One does not generally go up those vines while the red snappers are at the top. Very adventurous though. I like the end with the frantic joystick movements. All that hard work and the snapper gets you anyways. :( Better luck next game. :)

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2014, 11:17:16 pm »
I just watched all of your youtube videos. I can definitely foresee a killscreen in your future. 

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2014, 12:10:45 am »
Thanks man. I started to rush the game as you can see, just basically lost it. Haha!! Yeah the frantic Joystick movements I find funny, I didn't know what the hell I was doing!

I will stick with Junior now and see if I can put up a decent score and also see if I can hook up a webcam again.

I appreciate your encouragement, top man!

Offline dimmu--borgir

• Swedish DK series champ :-)
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 07:11:30 am »
Not much to do about your j.r ambitions Donkey Kong Genius but if I were you I should go for 1 million on DK3 to get the triad badge. My most, probably never reachable, badge.  :'(
DK 868100 KS Hell ya!
DK j.r  689300 KS
DK j.r 871500 lvl C
DK3 1498900
CK 391400 Lvl 15
Member for 10 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener