Author Topic: My Donkey Kong Junior Ambitions  (Read 51104 times)

Donkey Kong Genius

Re: My Donkey Kong Junior Ambitions
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2014, 07:10:11 pm »
Yeah George, thanks, that 1.3 on arcade was my first real attempt at the record but I shamefully lost soooooo many points that it would only be about 1.35M. So far my attempts have been ok, but I am still transitioning to arcade and the psychological fact of sacking two guys on level 4 hideout. The idea of being on my third guy bugs me to no end. I will continue to make adjustments and hopefully get a new score soon.

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2014, 07:13:47 pm »
That E-2 springboard was an easy one. For some reason I was so nervous that my brain was not working right. Watching it now that I am calm, I look like a complete idiot. I am familiar with that pattern so I forgot how to handle it nor saw the simple solution. I keep thinking about it so I need to get a new big score to redeem myself. :D

Donkey Kong Genius

« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2014, 12:57:59 am »
Over the course of many months I have compiled a lot of data concerning Donkey Kong Junior and have done some original work on the game. I have not played Donkey Kong Junior much lately but I still plan on pushing for 1.4M even if I never get the arcade world record.

This evening I put together a Donkey Kong Junior mini-wiki on the Donkey Kong Wiki: http://wiki.donkeykonggenius.com/Donkey_Kong_Junior

I can foresee having time in the future to begin writing up more information on Donkey Kong Junior. Nothing as extensive as the Donkey Kong Manual but something a lot more detailed than the introductory walk-through information. As always feel free to contribute.