Author Topic: A Frogger player playing Donkey Kong.  (Read 10994 times)

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
Re: A Frogger player playing Donkey Kong.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 03:20:35 pm »
One thing that I think would be awesome for the site is a description of how the tournament actually works. For spectators (or potential future participants) this is needed.

The Rules section of the site reads more like clarification/specifics for the players who already know the underlying procedure. Any newbies won't understand how the tournament is actually structured, the details of the scoring system, how teams are set up, etcetera. There's no primer for the uninitiated, in other words.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 11:30:39 pm »
I've been meaning to revamp the wording of the rules page anyways so I'll see if I can come up with a way to work a better description into it at the same time.  I agree that as it is right now you really need to be involved with the event to really know how it fully works.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

dave88

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 12:49:35 pm »
That looks really cool JB.  8)
 <Pigger> was a fool not to jump on your offer to help him.
It may have ended up being a waste of your time anyway? So it's probably just as well?

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 01:02:01 pm »
Thanks Dave. 

I ended up registering the domain address onehourhighscores.net that I will hopefully start building after taking some time off when BotA is done.  Even if  <Pigger> doesn't want to move into the modern web world doesn't mean that we can't. 

Ideally I'd like to build something along the lines of MARP where people can submit scores via an INP on MAME or a Twitch.tv video clip for Arcade and then have people verify the score by voting.  That might include the existing scores from the CAGDC scoreboard or not.  If they were included I'd come up with a way to mark them as "grandfathered" in.  It'll take me a while to get there but I hope to come up with a way to merge it with the work I've already done on http://www.myhighscores.net/. 

As long as I keep enjoying these side little CAG related web projects and keep them drama free for me then I'm happy to build what's best for the community.

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 09:39:10 am »
I've been in hibernation for a while during my move back to North America but I'm finally getting to the settled in point and want/need to get back into CAG a bit.  I've decide that I want to really apply myself to Robotron.  It's a game I love and am alright at but I've never gotten to the point of being able to marathon the game. 

For me the real sign that you can properly marathon Robotron is to be able to roll the levels so that is going to be my goal.  Level 255 or bust.  My current PB at Marathon settings is 2M+ so rolling is a fair way away.  I plan to try and play everyday with some streaming.  This post is just to motivate me to follow up on my goal :)

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 02:47:33 pm »
Nice John!

If I may ask, where are you living now?

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 06:21:56 pm »
I'm back north of the border in Hamilton, Ontario.  We decided that we wanted to move closer to family when we moved back so we packed up our things in Seattle and drove east.  It sucks that I'm not near the PNW crew anymore but I'm closer to some of the east coast events.  I'm hoping to make a road trip out to KO4 to watch the action. :)

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 06:58:27 am »
I managed to cross the 2M barrier last night for the first time.  In the past I was always topping out around 1.5M.  It's amazing how much more of the game I'm seeing just by playing on a daily basis.  I also managed to get the new tie-die roms working in Mame so I have the fancy lives counter in action.  Now I just need to get up to 10M so I can see the new digit in the score :)

Offline SanTe

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 07:55:32 am »
Once I hit 2M the advances came fairly quickly.  Next was 2.5M, then in successive sessions it was 4M, 6M, 10M.  I quit playing the game after that.  Have played only TGTS for BOTA since then.
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer