Author Topic: Speedrun!  (Read 16947 times)

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Speedrun!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 11:52:14 pm »
Id still love to see him cone out of nowhere about put up a million game. Probably won't happen but would be cool.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 04:51:16 pm »
Im pretty sure the barrel warp trick is not allowed. He used it then restarted the run and never used it. Most ppl frown apon its use.

TG does not allow for the use of the warp trick on the CK barrel boards,  ( however if Billy or Steve used it to set a WR......"THEN"..... it would be o.k.)

It doesn't make sense to not include it.

Theres no way one can get a high ranking score using it on every barrel board so I say use it if you want.....you'll never ever hit a WR using it anyway.

One is better off score wise pressing the barrel boards in CK. Then on L=22-1, use the warp trick on the barrel board, clear the KS and advance to the next screen. The real KS would be the L=22-4 rivets. One could get about an extra 15k by making the level 22-4 rivet screen as the kill screen.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 05:01:48 pm »
Someone definitely has to connect up with him and get him back into the scene. I mean, he can't be completely oblivious to how big the DK scene has become, can he!?

Perhaps you missed this thread over at CAGDC, but it sounds like he's never coming back...

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php/topic,1437.msg23404.html#msg23404

This was an interesting read. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother anymore. I put up with  ALOT of crud from the gamming community when I spoke out 6 years ago. Only a handfull of people though enough to actually check it out and find I was right.

Too bad Ben didn't have connections in the film Business and was able to buy his way in like Steve.  Slip Walter, Billy and Steve Saunders some cash and he would've been let into the inner circle.

I know how he feels. YES! DK will always be a BIll vs Steve thing seeing as the scamumentary is considered a timless classic by the gulible sheep.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 05:06:50 pm »
Someone definitely has to connect up with him and get him back into the scene. I mean, he can't be completely oblivious to how big the DK scene has become, can he!?

Perhaps you missed this thread over at CAGDC, but it sounds like he's never coming back...

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php/topic,1437.msg23404.html#msg23404

This was an interesting read. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother anymore. I put up with  ALOT of crud from the gamming community when I spoke out 6 years ago. Only a handfull of people though enough to actually check it out and find I was right.

Too bad Ben didn't have connections in the film Business and was able to buy his way in like Steve.  Slip Walter, Billy and Steve Saunders some cash and he would've been let into the inner circle.

I know how he feels. YES! DK will always be a BIll vs Steve thing seeing as the scamumentary is considered a timless classic by the gulible sheep.

Last warning Tim. Stop trying to derail every thread you post in with the KoK rant. Everyone is tired of it.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 05:13:20 pm »
*like*
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 05:50:07 pm »
*like*

How did I derail the subject? I just shared a similar experience related to the previously posted artical. What I stated was 100% fact and true.

I know people are upset with me because I was never supposed to be able to prove anything from the start. It was supposed to be a "he said.........she said"............thing  with TG and picturehouse getting the benifit of the doubt if I ever spoke out.

I wish I had the money and connections in the film business ,  I'd make a Dig Dug documentary and use only Don Hayes and Dwayne Richards.................Ken House, his score NEVER counted............eveyone disputes his score :).....then laugh in your face as I get away with it.

Thing of it is, Dwayne actually has something Billy, Walter  and Steve don't ..........that's Character........so he wouldn't let you get screwed like that.

Dwayne  told those TG and movie scammers to shove it when he was offered to sell out .....he didn' sell out..........one more reason hes one of the best classic arcade gamers of all time. Billy sold out.

Then you can

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 06:05:12 pm »

I wish I had the money and connections in the film business ,  I'd make a Dig Dug documentary and use only Don Hayes and Dwayne Richards.................Ken House, his score NEVER counted............eveyone disputes his score :).....then laugh in your face as I get away with it.

You cannot think I would give two shits about that really?!? I am 100% secure in who I am and what I can do/have done. Even with that, I dont base my self worth around what other people say or do or on any particular video game accomplishment. If they could make a few bucks off dig dug and they skipped over my score BFD. I'm not in it for the money OBVIOUSLY.

Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 06:20:30 pm »
Dude, Tim, I have a serious suggestion for you:

Take a look at George Riley's 'Argumentation Blog'. For a while he was either arguing about stuff all the time or making everything about DK3 and people got kinda annoyed by it. However, at the time, I suggested that he just make his own blog and instead post any potentially-derailing comments in his blog. It worked well for him until he eventually stopped debating as much (which is why it isn't really active anymore), but it served it's purpose well while it was in use! You should just do this with any sort of thing you want to make a comment related to KoK about that would be probably de-railing. Make a blog. Use it liberally. Please. For the sake of everyone. :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:33:07 pm by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 08:53:37 pm »
I was looking at the list of recent posts, saw two by Tim, one by Jeff, and one by Ken, and I thought, there is no way that Tim could get a KOK reference into that Crazy Kong Speed Run thread. I clicked and lo and behold. LOL. Whatever may have occurred in the past, I really don't want to continue hearing Billy, Steve, and Walter spoken of in such negative terms. You have stated your peace, Tim, and everyone knows. You seem to use just about anything to springboard (no DK Jr reference intended :D) your anti-KOK agenda. I would not question any warnings you get here. I am sure we are all pretty serious about the overall environment at the DKF. Make Tim stop posting about the KOK, please God, please God. :P

I wonder how many of Tim's 111 posts are KOK related? hmmmmm

A speed run on Crazy Kong! Love it! Thanks for posting this Chris.

I agree with Ethan, having different tracks that all for glitches etc, would allow TG to connect with these other communities. In fact I would like to think that TG would want to open up to all of the gaming communities that it can. I would like to see that for sure.

I would especially be interested in seeing a Dig Dug Documentary staring our very own, Ken House. Love it! :D

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:56:51 pm by corey.chambers »

lakeman421

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 11:28:17 pm »
Im pretty sure the barrel warp trick is not allowed. He used it then restarted the run and never used it. Most ppl frown apon its use.

TG does not allow for the use of the warp trick on the CK barrel boards,  ( however if Billy or Steve used it to set a WR......"THEN"..... it would be o.k.)

It doesn't make sense to not include it.

Theres no way one can get a high ranking score using it on every barrel board so I say use it if you want.....you'll never ever hit a WR using it anyway.

One is better off score wise pressing the barrel boards in CK. Then on L=22-1, use the warp trick on the barrel board, clear the KS and advance to the next screen. The real KS would be the L=22-4 rivets. One could get about an extra 15k by making the level 22-4 rivet screen as the kill screen.

lakeman421

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 11:30:36 pm »

Cry baby bullshit

lakeman421

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 11:34:49 pm »
*like*

How did I derail the subject? I just shared a similar experience related to the previously posted artical. What I stated was 100% fact and true.

I know people are upset with me because I was never supposed to be able to prove anything from the start. It was supposed to be a "he said.........she said"............thing  with TG and picturehouse getting the benifit of the doubt if I ever spoke out.

Thing of it is, Dwayne actually has something Billy, Walter  and Steve don't ..........that's Character........so he wouldn't let you get screwed like that.

Dwayne  told those TG and movie scammers to shove it when he was offered to sell out .....he didn' sell out..........one more reason hes one of the best classic arcade gamers of all time. Billy sold out.

Then you can